oldest trick or treat?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iOrlando, Oct 27, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

if i remember correctly...i did it until I was a junior in HS...so 15? whats average? at the time...i just liked the candy...no other reason...

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

When you show up at my door with no costume and a pillowcase, you are officially too old. As for how old I was, can't remember.

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I think I was 14 when I stopped trick or treating. I only went that year because my friends and I had The Munchies™ and thought, "hey, free candy!" We did put in the effort to dress up though.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't remember for sure, but it was probably around 13-14 years old.

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I would have to say 13-14, after that its a hair creepy.

6. geekgirl macrumors regular

My son's 15. He and his friends had a costume party that weekend instead. This year... 2nd annual Halloween Party. He finally got his costume idea last night (Ghosthunter! Just need a flashlight, jacket, belt and tape recorder... he already has his lines down... "Is there anyone here? Can you make a noise for us?")

I think once a kid gets into high school, trick or treating should be over. I can see still going out and goofing off with friends, but save the candy for the little kids.

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

People going out at 13/14 in my high school weren't going for sweets. They used to get their parents to drive them out to an affluent neighbourhood where the residents would give them money.

Nice huh?

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Go on...

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

so that they'd go away?
    ;)

That's Edinburgh for you… :D

10. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It is quite fun to go trick or treating as an "adult" in full costume just to see the reaction you get from unsuspecting people. They will usually give you some candy, first because they already have it ready expecting to see kids when they open the door and second because they are uncomfortable, don't know what else to do, and want to close their door as fast as they can. :D