Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Definitely an interesting set of projects! My setup is sort-of the reverse. I use my Macs as ssh terminals to my linux boxes. :) Of course, that's not ALL they're used for, but I've always though the OS X interface was too nice and elegant to go unused by relegating my Macs to being used as ssh shell boxes (though I do sometimes ssh from one Mac to another to grab the occasional file).

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Definitely an interesting set of projects! My setup is sort-of the reverse. I use my Macs as ssh terminals to my linux boxes. :) Of course, that's not ALL they're used for, but I've always though the OS X interface was too nice and elegant to go unused by relegating my Macs to being used as ssh shell boxes (though I do sometimes ssh from one Mac to another to grab the occasional file).
Well, the way I use the Apple //c as an IRC terminal during the workday is to have it shelled into my remote Linux server through the Mac. Kind of a two-hop thing. So I'm there with ya.

blakespot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.