iPhone XS Max OLED IPhone users, do you see this too?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thewrysigh, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Thewrysigh macrumors newbie

When I pull down the control center everything is good but does anyone else see what I see?

When you swipe back up to get rid of the control center you can see a bunch of the toggles and bars leave almost a ghost image that sticks around enough for me to notice it. If you focus on the apps of the home screen when you close the control center you may be able to notice it.

The other day I fell asleep with my phone screen on pressed against my back while it was charging. When I woke up I felt warmth on my back and the phone wasn’t quite hot to the touch but close. It was like this for 3-4 hours. No temp warning or anything but the phone didn’t charge past 75%.

I’m wondering if this could have done any permanent damage to the screen or performance of my phone? My battery health is still reading at 100.

It feels kinda sluggish lately but it might be my imagination.

2. Thai macrumors 65816

Thai

3. Thewrysigh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I think I only noticed it because it was dark and I had the brightness down.

Do you think there’s a chance the phone is damaged from the heat thing I mentioned?

4. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

My XS has always done this, but it’s only noticeable when night shift is on.

5. Thai macrumors 65816

Thai

No. When it overheats, it shuts down automatically to prevent damage.

6. littlemidge macrumors member

littlemidge

I’ve just tried it a few times myself and can’t see anything out of the ordinary. Strange.

In regards to damaging your phone, I highly doubt it. A lot of games can make the phone heat up a fair bit. If the temp gets too high in any sort of tech I assume there’s a thermal shut down of sorts. So I think your phone will be fine.