OLED laptops are coming this year while apple uses 2 year old cpus

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zellio, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

This is getting ridiculous. I want to upgrade to a new macbook pro, but I'm sure Apple will find a way to tack on another $100-$500. All the while, you got better and better laptop on Windows, with OLED displays and brand new tech.

2. section31 macrumors member

Have to say it's rather disappointing to see that Apple hasn't made any significant internal hardware changes to their professional line of laptops.

3. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Apple has usually marched to the beat of their own drum, for the most part. There have been some exceptions (Apple Pencil is the first that comes to mind. That was an obvious "me too" response if I've ever seen one.)

If they get around to updating to a newer gen CPU, they'll do it on their own timetable.

This is the reason why the most common recommendation around these forums is that if you need a system now, then get it now, otherwise just wait.

I'm neither disappointed nor surprised after today. More like "meh" about the whole thing.

4. 73CortinaV8 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping the delay is because apple is going to put OLEDs in their new MBPrs. Though no rumor site says anything about this possibility.