OLED screen color

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dkoc13, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Dkoc13 macrumors member

Ok so when I’m facing the phone straight on the color is a warm yellow to it and when I look at it from an angle it’s more bluish white. This is with true tone off.

2. andjew94 macrumors newbie

andjew94

This is the nature of OLED. Apple will probably tweak it in future generations.

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Yes, everyone knows. Try using the search function. It’s absolutely normal of the tech used.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Not everyone knows.

5. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

Yep.

We know. A lot of people can’t handle this and are returning it for that reason.

In a day or two I’ll be accustomed to it.

I have the Apple Watch which is OLED and it does the same thing - the nature of OLED currently. Smaller screen so it’s harder to tell.

I don’t use my phone at an angle so it doesn’t bother me. Not sure who does.

6. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

Mine is not that bad with True tone off. Ive seen weird like the Pixel 2 xl at bestbuy

7. ZipZap macrumors 603

Sorry but this did not come up prior to release. Most had no idea. Many here act like it common knowledge, but if one is not following other Oled phones....well they would have no idea. I doubt Jobs would have let this pass his scrutiny.

8. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

It’s OLED technology in 2017. It’s the nature of the beast. The picture and colors are crisper and more vivid and better battery life. The viewing angle coloration change is a trade off. One that’s fine with me because I don’t use my phone holding it at an angle.

9. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

There’s a thread about it. You can change the hue.