Oleophobic Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ipadfreak, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Any Oleophobic screen protectors that are completely clear? I hate the antiglare ones because it ruins the look of the display. Thanks!

2. ematsui macrumors member

Spigen steinhell ultra olephobic

3. docprego macrumors 65816

Had this on my 4S. It's hardly oleophobic, I found very little difference between it and the ultra crystal. The Ultra Optics is much better in this regard if you like the image quality.

4. joekim1026 macrumors regular

I have this on my iPhone 5 and its great! Hardly any fingerprints! Really worth the money, especially since they give you two!

5. ipadfreak thread starter macrumors regular

Is it really clear? Noticible?

6. ematsui macrumors member

Clear as glass but as the other posted stated the coating doesn't help that much. I like it tho

7. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

the problem is it's just a coating

the coating wears off much faster when its applied to plastic vs when bonded onto the glass of the iphone screen

the oleophobic coating wears off the SGP's but it's still easier to wipe clean when new than a lot of crystal screen protectors

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I have a SGP Oleo. Same exact thing as Crystal in terms of clarity.

The coating lasts for 5-7 days in my experience.

9. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I was not impressed with the SGP Oleophobic at all when I had it on my iPhone 4.

10. docprego macrumors 65816

Neither was I but the version for the 5 seems to have great reviews so I ordered it and installed it. So far I'm liking it, it does seem to resist fingerprinting and smudging more than the 4S version ever did. We'll see how it holds up. What I'm really looking forward to is the Ultra Optics. I just got it for my new iPad and it's great, much improved from the iPad 2 version. I hope the iPhone 5 version is similarly improved. It also came with a great rear protector when I got it for my 4S.