OlloClip on iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TrulyYuki, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I don't have a camera anymore. My DSLR died and I sold it off. I'm saving for a new DSLR. I've been using my iPhone 4 as my camera and it takes some clear and amazing photos. I looked up some attachable lenses and found the olloclip to have the best reviews. Well of course on Friday I picked up the iPhone 4s. Has anyone tried the attachment on their iPhone 4s yet?

What do you think of the lens in general? Is it worth it?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It works perfectly fine with the iPhone 4S. I really love using it!

3. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Do you have any example photos? I'm torn btwn the photojojo lenses and the olloclip.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Not yet our review will be up in a few days though. The olloclip is much better than those other ones. Much mOre compact and easier to use.

5. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Very excited to see the review and images. The other one just seems more compatible for later iphones. But we'll see.

6. Rusdude macrumors member

Looks pretty nice, but I really wish there was a way to make it work with some cases. I got Element Case Vapor COMP and there's no way I'm unscrewing four screws to take a photo. *sigh*

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The Olloclip is outstanding. If they don't come out for a version to fit next year's iPhone, I'll delay upgrading. It's that good and that much fun.

The only complaint I have is the lack of compatibility with any case (and even some screen protectors). I need a case for added grip, so I bought an Acase Superleggera (the thin version) for $10 on Amazon, and dremeled out the corner over the camera to fit the Olloclip. You can probably do the same with any snap on case.

Other than that, no issues. It's brought creativity back into my iPhone photography.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

9. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Ive got Chills!

10. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Its here!!!

I finally received the Olloclip today (well the store did) and of course I opened it right up to take some shots.

One word... AMAZING! I did however ruin my invisible shield. I hoped to put it on without messing it up but i ended up tossing the shield. =(

[​IMG]

11. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Can you post a few pics with and without the Olloclip? :D

12. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

That's bummer!! I really like this too, just wish it didn't affect the screen protector.

13. Joshwawilson macrumors regular

My screen protector is fine, you just have to be careful when sliding the olloclip on