Olympus PEN E-P2 & best old lenses

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Abraxsis, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Well, I decided to get the E-P2 instead of the E-P1. I know some of you have one of this line of camera and was looking for opinions on the best old lenses to adapt to it. Ive been looking at F mount stuff so as to maintain compatibility with my Nikon gear, but Im especially interested in some really old stuff. Maybe M42 mounts or some old K mount stuff. Maybe some choice things to look for in the camera store discount bins.

2. Abraxsis thread starter macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Does no one use the E-P1 or E-P2 with old lenses? Does anyone even use the E-P1 or E-P2?

3. Artsifrtsy macrumors newbie

Artsifrtsy

I have an EP1 and am using some older OM lenses. There are lots of options and the lenses are easy to find online. I have been using the 50mm 1.8 is a great all around lens. I have also been impressed with the 50mm Auto Macro. I just got a 24mm and a 28mm that I am going to try out soon.

4. runlsd macrumors 6502

runlsd

I don't think there's sufficient research on m4/3s & legacy lenses to determine which would be the best. It would make sense to pursue Nikkor lenses if you already have some.

If there's a store (local or online) where you can find a good selection of old lenses, you should check them out. See what lenses could be acquired easily and may be pursue that mount.