Omar Sharif Has Died At Age 83

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ucfgrad93, Jul 10, 2015.

1. ucfgrad93, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

He was a man of style!

3. Scepticalscribe, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My mother adored him as a result of having seen 'Dr Zhivago' in the 1960s.

Actually, I remember how the movie 'Dr Zhivago' entranced her, the epic scale of the setting, stunning cinematography, epic story, superb score, and, of course, a terrific cast which included none other than Omar Sharif, (and Julie Christie, among other classic actors, such as Alec Guinness, and Leo McKern, Geraldine Chaplin, Rod Steiger) who played the eponymous Dr Yuri Zhivago.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, 'Dr Zhivago' was one of those few instances, where I saw the movie (which was an enormous commercial and popular, success) before I read the book, which meant that I was free to enjoy the movie without reminders of where the movie adaptation might not have been exactly faithful to the book.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I know both my mom and grandmother loved him. He definitely had something going on when it came to woooozing the women.

I actually heard about his death on a podcast and not from my usual source for news, I would have thought this would have been front page news! Of course I could have just missed it....

RIP Mr. Sharif.............