Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Just out of curiosity how's the display - any dead or stuck pixels? I'd almost consider keeping it if the display were perfect. Seems like it's a crap shoot anymore. It's only 160Mhz right? Seems like a long time since that meant anything :eek:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Cooknn said:
Just out of curiosity how's the display - any dead or stuck pixels? I'd almost consider keeping it if the display were perfect. Seems like it's a crap shoot anymore. It's only 160Mhz right? Seems like a long time since that meant anything :eek:

I agree, if the thing has a perfect screen with no dead pixels, just get back the extra money you paid for the 160mhz and keep what you got, a perfect screen with you now is better than a screen that MAY be perfect but will have an extra 160mhz

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Cooknn said:
Just out of curiosity how's the display - any dead or stuck pixels? I'd almost consider keeping it if the display were perfect.

I agree.

I know that you didn't get what you paid for and that is dissappointing, but Apple will take care of that. If it is flawless in every other way, and all the other specs are what you ordered, I would just take the $300. In fact, I would ask Apple if they would give you AppleCare for that - or for free, but let's not be greedy - for your trouble.

Worst they can say is no.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Cooknn said:

I haven't seen a dead pixel on an Apple display in years. That's not a valid reason to keep it, especially if he ordered the faster machine.

Call Apple, make them send the new machine before you send this one back. (Or at least have them confirm that the replacement is there and ready to ship first.) AND have them throw in free AppleCare for the trouble. (Assuming, of course, that you actually paid for a 2.16, and not that you accidentally ordered the 2.0 instead.)

1dterbeest

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
Waupun, WI
I've ordered and got a dead pixel on an apple display before.
it does happen.

I think if it were me, I'd send it back and have them ship the
new 2.16 machine, as should have been shipped, and then
asked for some free applecare or some extra money refunded
due to the extra wait time.

When apple delayed all the orders for Macbook Pros, they
gave me a $20 refund because i was pissed about the delay.
Then they ended up shipping it earlier than the INITIAL date,
so not only did i get my computer EARLY, i also got $20 back.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
ehurtley said:
I haven't seen a dead pixel on an Apple display in years. That's not a valid reason to keep it, especially if he ordered the faster machine.
You're pretty lucky then, because I've seen a more than a few in my short time as a Mac user. iMac's, Cinema Displays, PowerBooks, you name it - I've seen stuck and dead pixels on all of them. When I bought my 23-inch Cinema HD Display I was ecstatic to find that it was flawless. A perfect display would be valid enough reason for me to blow off 160Mhz :cool:

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
you should get what you paid for and a reward....sorry to hear about the misfortune.

no need for the bad language tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.