omfg if it crashes one more time i am going to snap

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Nov 4, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

I'm getting sick of it chashing while in safari. Ill be writting a long @$$ message and boom it crashed leading to me starting all over and lost everything to wrote. Can a update fix this?

2. M. Poirot macrumors member

An update may well fix it. We've all had this happen at some stage. Sometimes if you reboot your iPod it clears the problem.

3. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

ok I had it with this son of a ***** . This peice of crap is going back to costco tomarrow . Now it's worse then ever. I can't even type in the safari without it lagging then crashing. I love this device but it's getting so out of hand that I'm starting to hate it now. Even my 1g with a crack on it wasn't this bad . I'm going to take it back and wait till apple fixes all these problems. I even been deleting some apps and it's even worse now. I didn't even jailbrake it bc I thought it would cause problems but it still gives me problems without it. Eff u apple fix your god damn devices . Sorry for my anger but that's how mad the touch is making me. I better take it back b4 I end up cracking it.

4. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Take the touch back to an Apple Store and explain your problems. The Genius may be able to help you.

Have you tried to restore the touch and create a new iPod instead of using a back up to create it.

5. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Have you tried connecting to a different wi-fi spot?

Unless you have a lemon, there's nothing wrong with the actual design of the thing. If you're having iPod wi-fi troubles, try investigating the other part of the jigsaw - the wi-fi router.

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Actually this is a very common complaint. Hopefully they have a few bug fixes in the upcoming firmware update.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Have you updated the firmware?

Have you have it checked out?

Are you on questionable sites?

8. M. Poirot macrumors member

I sympathise as it's very frustrating when things don't work as you'd like. You could try these if you haven't already.

1. Restart/reboot your iPhone each morning. This clears out the cache and gets things running faster....trust me!

2. Restore your firmware. I did this and it cleared some errors I was getting. even though you are effectively putting the same version back on, it does work...just like when you reformat a beleaguered PC/Mac that hasn't be reformatted for a while.

3. Update your firmware. Version 2.2 is expected tomorrow and this may well solve your problems.

4. Does the site/page you are on need a constant data connection? Have you got a good Wifi/Mobile Phone reception?

Hope these maybe help.

9. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Updates can fix bugs but they can also create new bugs

Well when I first got my 2g everything was working perfect but as days go by I started to get the lagging keyboard and a lot of safari crashing . Then came the new 2.2 update that I thought fixed it . I was so happy but now 2 days later it's starting to crash really bad again in the safari . Not only that but I'm having a new problem with the keyboard. So in the end I think the 2.2 update made things worse for me.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you don't mind loosing all data on your iPod you could try the following steps to wipe the iPod and start from a fresh:

with the iPod plugged in to mac/pc via usb (once powered off the screen on the ipod will remain off upto the point of restoring):
    turn off the ipod via power button
    when the screen goes off wait a few seconds to let it fully power down
    Hold down both the home and power buttons and count 10 seconds
    when you get to 10 let go of the power button and keep the home button held down.

if you have a mac after about 10 seconds it should detect the iPod in recovery mode (which is really DFU mode)
    if you have a PC it could take upto 30 seconds for the iPod to be detected as being in recovery mode by iTunes.

now in iTunes just hit restore and it will perform a complete wipe of the iPod and install a fresh firmware for you.

I hope that this would be of some use and solves what ever problems you are currently facing.

11. pjstaley macrumors newbie

I understand how frustrating computers can be, however. . .

Please refrain from using the term "omfg". Yes, it's simply a combination of letters, but everybody knows what it means and I (as well as the members of this forum) would like to be able to enjoy the forum without having to be concerned about whether or not it is safe and appropriate for our children. Thank you.

12. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry but I posted this a while ago. Also I think I'm just gonna start from fresh . But I'm a little upset bc if I get a new one then I'm going to loose my sexy anti glare power support.

13. biikman macrumors regular

I have a PS anti-glare screen, and had to exchange my ipt. I used a piece of tape on the corner to remove it, and used the plastic that it came off of originally to store it until I got the new touch. It was pretty easy to put it back on the new one. There was a bit of dust when put it back on, easily removed with another piece of tape.

14. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Well the first time I was putting it on I messed up. So I took it off and it got dust on it. So I tried washing it but it was never the same. So I had to buy a new one.

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

calm down. you're letting a small, wonderfully designed gadget to piss you off. I seriously doubt all that occurred, i think most of it was user error/anger and you exaggerated a bit. seriously, chill.

16. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Calm down ? Nah man I had enough of this bs. The iPod touch is amazing and I love the thing like it's my child . I'm surfing the web 85 % when I'm home bc I'm too lazy to get to my computer . I had the 1g and it crashed a lot ok then I got the 2g and it was perfect i thought then it starts to act up on me. Crashing is not a small problem . Updates will never fix the iPod , it will only give us new problems . I'm going to exchange my 2g at costco and if I have problems with that one then I'm letting go of apple till they come out with a none crashing device.

17. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I doubt you have children, you cannot possibly love an iPod like its your own child.

I have had a touch for 13 months and it rarely causes me any trouble.

Updates have only made my touch a better product.

18. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I don't think he meant it literally...LOL

TS: Please let us know how the replacement works out for you. Good luck!

WTF OMFG!

19. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a new crashing problem. Everytime I buy a song in the wifi iTunes store my iPod crashes. Arr stop the crashing!!

20. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ I really doubt it crashes that much. I use mine heavily and it doesn't. Quit whining.

21. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Weird, mine rarely crashes, actually I can't remember the last time Safari crashed on me.

Try turning it fully off when you aren't using it, it tends to kinda refresh the iPo d especially after installing apps.

I use mine constantly and it's very reliable for me.

If there was a good generic VOIP app so I could make an occasional call it would be perfect.

22. Dudeman486 macrumors member

Apple says that updates always make safari snappier. I think instead the owners are...:D