OmFG im so effin happy !!!!!!!!!! /inpressions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

Holy **** it worked it effing worked !!!!!!! U all know that when i downloaded itunes 8 my ipod stopped syncing to my computer. I tried almost everything i could think of and nothing work. I uninstall and reinstall itunes like 50 times and nothing. I forget what day itunes 8 came out but that's the day it stopped working and now on October 7th 2008 is the day i got it working again woo hoo!!!!!! Now i can finally sync my ipod touch 2g woo hooo!!!!!!!! O i forgot to say how i got it syncing again. I read on a forum today that if u have MCafee then apple mobile device and bonjour could of been blocked so i looked to see if it was blocked and guess what it was. So i unblocked it and guess what i got the same message WTF. Then i went back to the control panel and it wasn't started yet so i started it up and boom it started working again wooo hooooo baby . So if u guys get this message and is running mcafee then just then just unblock it and boom it should start working again. Thanks to all that tried helping. O i just re read my thread and there is alot of spelling/grammar mistakes but i don't care im to excited .

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0323ei9.jpg

Ok i just got done syncing my new 2g touch and well i don't see the Nike + app . I don't really care about the app but i still wanna try it. So Whats up with that? Is it bc i restore the the Ipod with back up and not set it as a new one?

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Step 1.
    ->Edit your title to something a normal human being could understand.

Step 2.
    -> Re-write your whole post in order we can understand.

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Read the last sentence.

4. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

OK so im in process of resoring my new 2g . I thought all we had to do was snc it as if it was my old touch? They asked me set as a new ipod or restore from back up so i choose back up. Did i do it right?

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Restoring will put whatever was on your old iPod when it was last backed up onto it.

No way, it only took me 20 minutes to sync 5GB of music and 6GB of video when I first got this iPod.

6. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks . But why does it take so long to back up?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I have no idea, but I don't think Apple planned for backups to be so slow as the latest versions of both iTunes and the iPod software have attempted to make backing up faster than it currently is. It annoyed me so much that I ended up opening Preferences and disabled automatic backups.

8. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

9. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Yep.

From your Home screen on your iPod Touch, you can hit Settings, and scroll to the bottom of the Settings menu to see the Nike + iPod button. ;)

And congratulations. Sounds like McAffee was giving you a hard time. Another reason to get a Mac... they just work. :D:D:D:D

10. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

hey guys here's my impressions of the new 2g. I have the 1g but I decided I needed a new one since my old one was all messed up. First there is no more lag when typeing on my 2g. On my 1g it was so bad that it when I touched a letter it would be a delay. Now it's perfect on my 2g. Next the speaker is so awful that even when I'm by my self I have to put it close to my ear. Is it possible for apple to update the speaker with a update? Next genius is not that genius bc sometimes it can't find a playlist for certain songs. Not much of a upgrade but it will do till the 3g comes out.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

1) Apple addressed this issue even on the 1st gen touch with the 2.1 update.

2) At the Let's Rock keynote Steve said it wasn't for audiophiles, it's just for casual listening, it's not designed to be a replacement for a stereo.

3) Genius only works for songs that are in the iTunes store. Half the songs on my iPod are by The Beatles, and since they're not in the store my Genius results become limited to only 50% of my music.

12. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Even for just casual listening it's god awful . It's worse then my cell phone speaker bc at least people can hear it in a noisy classroom. It's good for YouTube and listening to samples of songs in iTunes but that's it. As for genius
    It should work for all my songs bc I purchase all them though iTunes . So if u ask me genius is not that genius.

13. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

You're really trying to get it taken away again, aren't you? Don't come crying here when that happens.

14. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It is not for 'audiophiles'. It has not been designed to be turned on and have heaps of songs played through the speaker, it has been designed for things like briefly letting people hear stuff that you want to show them without the need for headphones, and for making watching movies and YouTube videos easier. Steve mention this at the keynote.

And if you're seriously still trying to use it in class...it doesn't look like there's any hope for you.

15. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

No i was just saying that if i was in a noisy classroom then u couldn't hear it. I am in no way bringing my 2g to school on a count i almost got jumped yesterday for my 1g.

16. only macrumors regular

that's what earphones are for.

that said, people like you are why i am so glad the speaker blows on the ipt.

17. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

What the hell do you think casual listening is?? Look at what you are typing on each of those lines, you are totally contradicting yourself. :rolleyes:

18. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Well... There's something wrong with your school, I take my iPhone 3G every day to school. I don't get anything towards me. But then again I learn during class, not listen to music.

19. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

yea, you're just asking for trouble. put it away and be a good boy. lol :D

To the OP: It's not possible for the speaker to be updated. It's a hardware issue. Not software.