Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
My dads friend got this macbook and they didn't give me the receipt, or the purchase date... How would I find out if I can return it to get the new macbook? This same thing happened to me last year with my old whitebook OMFG!

This is why I hate it when people choose for you, and if its still in the 14 days can I return it to the apple store and get the 'macbook pro' ?

O-M-F-G... I received my macbook on thursday from my dads friend, :/ hopefully that was the purchase date, and still I want to know if they will do that, or at least AT LEAST let me get the snow leopard discount.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
I think you should type OMFG several more times. As your father or your father's friend for the receipt.

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
Didn't you buy it from Best Buy using your dad's friend's discount? If so, Apple Store will not take it. Best Buy probably won't do a thing without a receipt.

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Didn't you buy it from Best Buy using your dad's friend's discount? If so, Apple Store will not take it. Best Buy probably won't do a thing without a receipt.

When he gave it to me on thursday, he said he went and got it from the apple store, not bestbuy. I geuss he changed his mind....anyways I don't want to get my hopes up :( and my dad is probably going to get pissed that a new one came out.

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
I also just checked my warranty status since I don't have my receipt, the status date said its going to expire on june 1st, 2010, assuming he got it on june 1st, I would have only 6 days to go get an exchance at the apple store...

Any ideas?

Buskape

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
NGC 4889
I also just checked my warranty status since I don't have my receipt, the status date said its going to expire on june 1st, 2010, assuming he got it on june 1st, I would have only 6 days to go get an exchance at the apple store...

Any ideas?

Go now!

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny

Any ideas?

RUN LIKE THE WIND O-M-F-G :D

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Yes- go to the store. ;)

Don't be sarcastic you guys :( what if they don't have it? There is only 1 apple store around my area and that is in the glendale galleria which I think is a pretty popular store I hope they have it, do I have to pay a restock fee?

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
I bought the 2.4 macbook for my girlfriend and received it on the 25th of may and received it on the 29th of may. Is the refund from when its purchased or when its delivered?

I figured I might as well change it for the macbook pro as its free and more powerful. 4gig ram instead of 2! I bought it online!!

sorry...bought it on the 25th and received it on the 29th

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny
aaawww we sorry :) , they dont have it now , best bet is next week , just return it and get your money back until the new bad boy comes in next week

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
aaawww we sorry :) , they dont have it now , best bet is next week , just return it and get your money back until the new bad boy comes in next week

:( It was bought with a credit card.
Do I have to pay a restocking fee.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008

Any ideas?

suck it up, or go to the Apple store ASAP. don't see why advice is needed so badly on this matter

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Someone bought you a MacBook? Oh, boohoo. What a hard life. :rolleyes:

Stop asking your questions here and ask at the Apple Store. They'll be able to give you answers a lot more knowledgeable than ours.

cristo

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Someone bought you a MacBook? Oh, boohoo. What a hard life. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly; how ungrateful! Especially since, as the OP says it happened to him/her with the white macbook, this will be a second new notebook in less than a year!

Perhaps he should start buying his own notebooks, then this wouldn't happen!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.