OMG, Am I screwed? Applecare!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frozenflourish, Aug 28, 2010.

1. frozenflourish macrumors member

Hey,
    So, I am POSITIVE that I bought my iPhone in September last year. But of course, the apple store doesn't lie! So I went in today, and they told me I am 4 days outside of warranty. However, they did help me out and replaced my phone. I had a nice genius who threw me a bone and replaced my phone, which was experiencing dropped calls and it had a ton of cracks around the different ports near the phone jacks.
    I did tell him though that I had bought Applecare just a few days ago (my husband purchased it from the campus store). I bought it two days before the warranty was out. Because I am sure that I bought this phone in September, I wasn't in any huge hurry to register the Applecare because I thought I had another couple weeks to do so.
    He said he thought that I was probably out the money for my Applecare!! Is this true?! Since I bought it before my warranty was expired (by two days) will I be able to get it applied?
    Thanks!

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Yes, just call Applecare asap. I bought mine like a day or two after my 1 year expired, and just phoned them. Even though I was a bit late they still ended up applying it.

3. vnle macrumors 6502

This has happened to me before. :eek:

The CS guy told me that as long as you have the receipt of the purchase dated before the warranty expires then your device should be covered regardless of a late registration. And it did work for me!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Find out exactly when your Applecare expires here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    If it did try calling them up and hopefully they apply it for you.
    They dont have to though, you have to do it before the 1 year is up.