Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
So my sisters Macbook was having problems

1) Battery showed X and computer wouldnt turn on without power cord plugged in

We sent the batter in, and got a new one and it seemed to help a bit..then the problem came back again...so we called apple...we sent the macbook to them and they replaced the motherboard...then we got it back same problem

so we took a car trip to toronto from london ontario to the apple store at eaton center.....we told them what was up and they looked it up under there computer and saw everything...the man felt so bad since we drove 2+ hours to an apple store....so he talked to the manager and the manager came out with a new SR Macbook White and we had the older one...and

we left being so happy and i love apple

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Great news for you! Your must have been really unfortunate to have that problematic MB, but now you've been given the latest edition. Congrats and enjoy! Hope this will one will last you a long time without causing any trouble.

x

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
OMG APPLE RULES< read my story

I have a similar story. Had a problem with my MBP, and went to the Apple Store, 60 miles 1 way.

The store looked at the MBP confirmed the problem, and I got a replacement, mailed to me several days later..

Having dealt with Apple tech support, on the phone, I have to say my experience at the store was tons more satisfying.

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
Having given you a screwed product - they very least you should expect is a new replacement without question. That's not to be applauded, it's to be expected, and in this country, it's your statutory right. I don't see what there is to shout from the rooftops about. Wooo - a company avoided breaking the law and screwing you over...but it did sell you a broken product.

Doug

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
Having given you a screwed product - they very least you should expect is a new replacement without question. That's not to be applauded, it's to be expected, and in this country, it's your statutory right. I don't see what there is to shout from the rooftops about.

Doug

Exactly! It's pretty amazing how brainwashed so many Apple users are. This isn't some special "perk" of buying a Mac that only exists if you shop Apple; it's basic business practice that Apple has to abide by if they wish to avoid lawsuits. It isn't a privilege to receive a replacement for a defective product; it's your right as a consumer. Do you thank your toilet for flushing, too?

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Having given you a screwed product - they very least you should expect is a new replacement without question. That's not to be applauded, it's to be expected, and in this country, it's your statutory right. I don't see what there is to shout from the rooftops about. Wooo - a company avoided breaking the law and screwing you over...but it did sell you a broken product.

Doug

Way to go.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
That's not to be applauded, it's to be expected, and in this country, it's your statutory right.

They are obligated to support the warranty on the product, not replace a machine with a newer higher specification model.

I definitely see a reason to be pleased. They could have just given the warranty run around, made them wait a few weeks while it gets shipped off to some repair facility, but instead made a customer happy by doing something they did not have to.

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
Exactly! It's pretty amazing how brainwashed so many Apple users are. This isn't some special "perk" of buying a Mac that only exists if you shop Apple; it's basic business practice that Apple has to abide by if they wish to avoid lawsuits. It isn't a privilege to receive a replacement for a defective product; it's your right as a consumer. Do you thank your toilet for flushing, too?

This thread is partially a satire of another thread. But even beyond that, yeah, if you get a newer, better model to replace a defective item, you should be pretty thankful. Most manufacturers will keep repairing until you give up or it works.

DaLurker

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
I have to say the Apple Store service at Eaton Center and Yorkdale is fantastic. The staff is helpful and really want to help. I had a plethora or problems with my Blackbooks a while back and they were very very helpful.

Glad things worked out for you :) Toronto is far from London!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.