OMG APPLE RULES< read my story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric Lewis, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

So my sisters Macbook was having problems

1) Battery showed X and computer wouldnt turn on without power cord plugged in

We sent the batter in, and got a new one and it seemed to help a bit..then the problem came back again...so we called apple...we sent the macbook to them and they replaced the motherboard...then we got it back same problem

so we took a car trip to toronto from london ontario to the apple store at eaton center.....we told them what was up and they looked it up under there computer and saw everything...the man felt so bad since we drove 2+ hours to an apple store....so he talked to the manager and the manager came out with a new SR Macbook White and we had the older one...and

we left being so happy and i love apple

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Great news for you! Your must have been really unfortunate to have that problematic MB, but now you've been given the latest edition. Congrats and enjoy! Hope this will one will last you a long time without causing any trouble.

x

3. ricpac macrumors member

great to know the Apple folks take good care of their customers

4. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

5. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

OMG APPLE RULES< read my story

I have a similar story. Had a problem with my MBP, and went to the Apple Store, 60 miles 1 way.

The store looked at the MBP confirmed the problem, and I got a replacement, mailed to me several days later..

Having dealt with Apple tech support, on the phone, I have to say my experience at the store was tons more satisfying.

6. djellison macrumors 68020

Having given you a screwed product - they very least you should expect is a new replacement without question. That's not to be applauded, it's to be expected, and in this country, it's your statutory right. I don't see what there is to shout from the rooftops about. Wooo - a company avoided breaking the law and screwing you over...but it did sell you a broken product.

Doug

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Exactly! It's pretty amazing how brainwashed so many Apple users are. This isn't some special "perk" of buying a Mac that only exists if you shop Apple; it's basic business practice that Apple has to abide by if they wish to avoid lawsuits. It isn't a privilege to receive a replacement for a defective product; it's your right as a consumer. Do you thank your toilet for flushing, too?

8. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Way to go.

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Was gonna say

10. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

They are obligated to support the warranty on the product, not replace a machine with a newer higher specification model.

I definitely see a reason to be pleased. They could have just given the warranty run around, made them wait a few weeks while it gets shipped off to some repair facility, but instead made a customer happy by doing something they did not have to.

11. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

This thread is partially a satire of another thread. But even beyond that, yeah, if you get a newer, better model to replace a defective item, you should be pretty thankful. Most manufacturers will keep repairing until you give up or it works.

12. DaLurker macrumors 6502

I have to say the Apple Store service at Eaton Center and Yorkdale is fantastic. The staff is helpful and really want to help. I had a plethora or problems with my Blackbooks a while back and they were very very helpful.

Glad things worked out for you :) Toronto is far from London!