Omg Diablo Iii Release Date!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Malsi, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Malsi macrumors regular

Hello fellow addicts! I just finished purchasing my copy of Tekken 6 from gamestop and started to have some small talk with the cashier there. He claims that blizzard informed gamestop that Diablo III is intended to be released in the holiday season of 2010! Now I don't know how reliable this guy is, so take this with a grain of salt. I hope it's true.

2. Youngchild macrumors member

Youngchild

3. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Gamestop employee: the source of all reliable information.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Right up there with "that guy you partied with last night."
    Sure, last night he seemed to have all the answers, then you find him passed out in your bathtub naked, wearing a sombrero, holding a lawn flamingo, and a pair of girlfriend's underwear the next morning.

5. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

LOL sounds like this is something that you witnessed personally!

6. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Honestly, I would expect it late 2010. The game, as far as the website and youtube trailers suggest, looks like it is close to completion. The graphics engine looks to be running sweetly etc. I bet they are in the final stages of testing and then will be planning on the marketing.

They have a lot on their plate, but they do have different sections developing different games... and lets face it D3 will be a big release. A lot of people love diablo and its click click click gameplay. ahhaha I like it. I think it will sell rather well.

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Late 2011 at the earliest, most likely some time in 2012.

8. Cander macrumors 6502

The website and trailers suggest nothing of the sort. They haven't revealed all the classes and you have seen a few abilities and maybe 2 or 3 full levels? There is no way D3 is even close to being done.

9. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

I expect Starcraft II late 2010. This is Blizzard we're talking about here. God knows I love their games, but I have no faith in their release dates...

10. Paramedic12 macrumors newbie

The Diablo 3 beta has just been released !

I got my hand on a beta key and I finished the beta with most of the characters so far.Does anyone of you got a beta key?

Also, Blizzard announced today (on the official battle net website) that the official release will be earlier in 2012. They announced some other news such as the new skills(diablo 3 barbarian skills ), and the introduction of various Barbarian new abilities.

11. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

And what in God's name was the point of bringing back such an old thread. :eek:

13. peteOcha macrumors newbie

Omg....

I totally thought there was a release date, but then I clicked... and got sent back to 2009! Meh, :(

14. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Lol, gotta love the boundless naive optimism of the OP.

15. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

This guy had the best quess from that 2009 group lol.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

17. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

do you guys still have the hope for this ****? they delayed it again. major excuse is that they need extended beta test. so officially, the game will come out someday in 2012. we don't even know it will be in first quarter or not. I am not interested in it anymore. I lost, better expect other major games like mass effect 3, bioshock infinite. I am so tired of this ********. do you want to be in business? then don't do it like blizzard. it's shame. for decade, they think that the game hasn't been polished? WTF?

18. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

No matter what, D3 will be a big success. Everybody knows that.

19. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

Beta release exposed some important bugs and knowing blizzard, they'd never release something unpolished. Keep in mind guys that they never actually said anything for a release date before now, that was all rumors. Now at least they said "early 2012" so it will be on first quarter, not "someday in 2012".

Don't count the days, don't say "i'll not buy it because of the delay", it will be a huge success and I trust it will be polished and ready, as anyone would expect from a Diablo game.

Also keep in mind that this one is going to stay longer since it will be following a WoW lifecycle (expansions with new content in regular basis, etc), it will be online and will have a real economy system.

Good things are ahead of us, I'll see you all fellow Mac users online. Keep your Macs healthy till then ;)

20. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

Actually if you want to run a business make games like Blizzard. They are raking in money. And they make their games so good that they have a massive following that will wait no matter what and they will buy the lore they have built up across multiple franchise.

21. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I'd love to run a business like Blizzard does. Heck, I'll take 1/100th of what they make. If anyone can print money, it's them. Maybe I can go back to work for them, they are just down the street. :D

22. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

I actually would love to see the inside of just one of their server farms for WoW.

I see several server rooms for my work and always just wonder what their's looks like.