OMG GOSH!!! I hate windows so MUCH!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apple90, Feb 2, 2008.

1. apple90 macrumors member

Hey guys... Since my iBook G4 broke I'm temporarily on my sister's laptop. But then I'm so used to the apple button for everything that when I press the control button, it hurts my fingers so much!
    Is there any workaround to windows in bootcamp on how to make the control key the apple key?

Thanks!

2. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

if you are using windows there is no reason for the apple key because windows doesn't use it

also I love seeing that you hate an operating system just because it doesn't have a "special" button for you to press that you are used to. This is why nobody respects apple fans. learn to adapt

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

This, basically. Now I'm off to England, where I'll start a thread about hating them for driving on the wrong side of the road...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree with aiterum here on both points. But as for a work-around...there is none.

OMG = Oh my God/gosh... You stutter.

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

Wow this a contentious thread :D

Just enjoy the benefits of windows while you can!! And even if you don't enjoy it, just think how much more you'll enjoy OS X when you get your iBook back!

6. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

And here I am running Windows Vista on my Macbook Pro (well will again once apple sends me my new one) full time. I'm sure there were a few death warrants out on these forums the first time I got Vista going on an iMac a few years ago :p

7. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

everytime you boot into vista steve jobbs dies a little inside

I don't really like steve jobbs........

8. apple90 thread starter macrumors member

Why do you guys have to be so damn sarcastic? I was only voicing my own opinions. The only reason why I posted this thread was because I heard of a workaround this by installing a program but forgot what it was called. Can anyone help me besides the immature ****s above me?

Thank you~

9. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

lmao

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

[​IMG]

11. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Wait wha?

12. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

The sarcasm continues from post to post, I love it...

Cheers
    Wrong side of the road? ha!

13. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I have trouble seeing how pressing the apple key instead of the control key is such a huge pain..

anyhow, in keyboard settings there might be what you're looking for...or try downloading input remapper

14. TatsuTerror macrumors regular

It hurts your fingers?

I use a PC every day and a Mac almost every day -- that problem just takes some time to overcome. But, I can't see why you should hate Windows for it. Maybe hate the fact that you've become so accustomed to one OS that you can't bear to have things differently.

15. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

http://www.swapkeys.com/

Is what you might be looking for. I know there's some free version out there but I can't remember it's name.

And people were being damn sarcastic because this is an internet forum where a strong degree of anonymity rules. This enables people to voice opinions they would not have voiced in public or private which is both good and bad. In time you'll learn how to cope with it. Nobody really stepped on your toes compared to what could potentially have been going on.

Hope you can use the link.

16. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Haha, brilliant responses from the MacRumors members - it really cracked me up. :D

If you want to know why you got the responses you did apple90, just look at your damn title: "OMG GOSH!!! I hate windows so MUCH!". Talk about a flamebait title; you're being so melodramatic for what turns out to be a pretty insignificant problem.

Your thread was designed for an Apple fanboy website where even the smallest of problems with Windows are exaggerated beyond belief and no doubt you were expecting responses supporting you and willing to lay into Windows. Thankfully the vast majority of MacRumors members are pretty sensible and open minded people. That's why I love coming here so much. :)

There's plenty of fanboy websites out there you can go to next time to cater for your needs ...