Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
First time today via 4.3.3. RedSn0w. Took 10 minutes and now my MacBook and friend's iPad can be tethered to my iP4. Frikkin' unbelievable!!

Next is SBSettings and GraviBoard. Any other suggestions?

I'm gonna do the black keyboard setting, 5 icons in the dock, customize my frikkin' alerts the way (I) want, make MMS messages only show count badges and not stupid pop-ups and a few other tweaks but that's about it.

Next I want to unlock cause I'll be on vacation soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCQCaLuSx0c&feature=fvwrel

Last edited:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Good to hear you are enjoying your jailbreak. Not to spoil it for you, but your iPhone 4 probably can't be software unlocked there is only one baseband that can, and since it's your first time jail breaking you probably haven't preserved that baseband.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Next I want to unlock cause I'll be on vacation soon.

Congrats! Since your baseband is almost certainly higher than 1.59, as others mentioned there is no software unlock available for your phone, and none anticipated in the near future. You'll need to either contact your carrier regarding an unlock (some will do this, some like AT&T in the US won't) or look into the Gevey Pro SIM. A search of this board will produce quite a few threads from people with experience using the latter option.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
LOL. No kidding.

Regarding WiFi.... I think you mean barely "exists". Barely "non-existant" would mean very available (although "existant" isn't even a word). And I find that hard to believe.

if you notices OP location is Japan..FYI they dont speak english in Japan, cut them some slack

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
if you notices OP location is Japan..FYI they dont speak english in Japan, cut them some slack

Yes brainiac, I figured out all by myself that the poster was from Japan. That is why I tactfully corrected what he had typed. I also mentioned that I found it hard to believe the lack of WiFi in Japan. Also, there are millions of people that speak English in Japan. (i notices that all by mesefl, dont ned your help)

Did you even read my post?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.