OMG, I can't wait any longer :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iKatianarie, May 24, 2009.

1. iKatianarie macrumors member

Ugh! WWDC is 2 weeks away, and that's what I'm waiting for to buy my macbook. It's so frustrating aving to wait :(. Now that my venting's over, I do have a legit. question: because my current computer (a compaq nx9010) performs half as well when not plugged as it does when plugged in, it has made me wonder if this is the case with the macbook. Does it perform at a lower pace unplugged?

2. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

You can fix that for your Compaq. I think you can right click on the power icon in the system tray > Adjust Power Properties > Power Schemes (a drop down list) > click Portable/Laptop, and adjust the power properties. See if that makes a difference.

You can essentially do the same thing with a Mac, and I have my power consumption set lower when I am disconnected. But I haven't noticed a substantial reduction in performance.

Have you thought about buying a refurbished Mac? It'll save you a few hundred bucks. I'm really thinking about it.

3. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I recently bought a UMBP from the Refurb store. It's perfect, highly recommend the refurbs. Just carefully read the description to make sure you're getting what you want.

4. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

tons of post like this post... :rolleyes:

u've already made it this far! wait the 2 weeks! lol... if it was a month away, i would of told you just to buy it now and start having fun with it but 2 weeks will pass by quickly... oh, forgot the time retailers will stock the new ones... another 2 weeks? ;D lol

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why the heck are you waiting at all? NOTHING will be done to the laptops!

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I agree, you are waiting for nothing. Just get your machine now if you have the funds.

7. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

2 weeks will pass by so quickly , dont do what i did
    i got the white one a week before the alu came out ....it burns like a bitch lol

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...just buy it 15 days before WWDC and you'll be fine :p...

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What are they gonna do to the MacBooks at the WWDC anyway? I doubt that anything is gonna happen with them, they were updated recently to the Unibody at the end of last year.

10. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

titanium body...duh...

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

duh......

Attached Files:

12. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

yeah, because people are complaining that alu dents too easily. and they're too light and feel like toys. nothing like 5kg of metal to make you feel like a man!

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Oh yeah! I forgot about all those rumors I read about that awesome new casing! ;)

14. alesse macrumors member

i'm going through the same thing. i made up my mind to get a new macbook last week and these weeks of waiting seem to be taking forever. the two things holding me back are:
    1. i'll totally regret it if they make upgrades
    2. i'm hoping there'll be a summer offer for a free ipod

the thing that's making me nervous is my trip on the 18th. i want to have my macbook up and running with all my apps and movies loaded on before the trip.

oh the agony! :)

15. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Same situation here. so how likely is it that they will be throwing in a ipod for a summer offer? Did apple do this last summers keynote or was it around fall?

16. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Name that timeframe Tallest Skil -
    When is the earliest you're seeing anything done to the laptops :)
    Otherwise something coul dhappen the day after and you could say you just meant about changes on the Monday hehe

17. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Although no hardware changes are likely, am I correct in thinking Snow Leopard may be released? In which case, waiting may be worth it as you'll get the new OS? Just curious.