Omg! I have a scratch or something....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dammit Cubs, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Yep. It's in the upper corner near the edge as well as the lower right corner when in portrait mode.

This is unbelievable! Argh....I didn't expect this...I must hit a small rock or something. I usually carry it in a belkin sleeve. I guess I need to find a thin film cover....

This sucks......a lot. It's going to bother me forever.

2. 0blivion macrumors member

Go to the Apple store and tell the employees that the guy who ripped the finger from a dude tried to attack you also! They might give you a new one. Or, tell them a another Apple employee wouldn't hand over your iPad and scratched it.

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i ordered 2 SGP anti fingerprint LCD protection film. one for me and one for my wife. I have heard that they are really good and actually make the screen look better.

4. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Let me know how that works out for you.... the making the screen look better part. That seems a bit farfetched.

5. MikhailT macrumors 601

You sure it's not the wallpaper?

Just take it to an Apple store and see if you can get a free replacement. If not, tell us the price they gave you for replacement.

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Happened to me too and I have no idea how :confused:

I went in and told them I had wifi problems and they swapped it without a second question. I think the oleophobic coating may be funky.

7. orlandocano macrumors regular

Apple store screen replacement...

Only $100 if it really bothers you that much... $100 less than an iphone Screen replacement.. By the way to the op: thank you... I just decided to buy the screen film!! No scratches for me!! No thank you!!

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

So wait... You scratched your screen, can't remember how you did it, but you did, and then went into the Apple store, and lied about a problem, so you could get a new unit that had no scratch?

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

It happens, it's life.

If use something long enough and enjoy it, it won't stay new. Just enjoy it and don't worry so much about the appearance. The tiny scratch won't effect the performance whatsoever....

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thanks for ruining it for people who aren't trashy enough to lie. :rolleyes:

11. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Throw caution to the wind, use the thing to death, and then get a new one.

12. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

will do. even if it only looks better due to no glare and no finger prints i am all about it.

13. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

It's a hundred dollars to replace the screen? from Apple?

14. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I got so freaked out by this thread I just ordered the sgp anti fingerprint for my pending 3G!

15. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Lame... :rolleyes:

16. MikhailT macrumors 601

OP, do you use microfibre cloth to clean your iPad, or clear out the case?

My guess is that you didn't clean your cloth and it had some dust on it which scratched the coating on the iPad, not the actual glass. It's almost impossible to scratch the actual glass.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I bet you're an only child.

18. 0101001 macrumors 6502

Bought a screen protecter on eBay for 4 bucks works perfect.

19. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I've had wifi problems since day one... feel free to read my old posts. Didn't mean to sound like I had lied. My iPad was only picking up one or two networks when my iphone would pick up 6 or 7, I was re-entering the password over and over again, getting Safari cannot connect when it was connected, etc. The scratch made me decide to switch it out as opposed to waiting for a possible fix down the road.

20. orlandocano macrumors regular

Yes that is what a genious told me.. Dont take my word for it and please call them before you go out there.. But yes... The genious ar the store told me that its 100 bucks to replace a broken screen.. He also told me he was surprised how much cheaper it was to replace tjan the iphone screen.. Dude seemed like he knew what he was talking about...

21. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

you may get it before me cause i live in japan (being really careful with my ipad till i get it) so let us know how it is if you get it first. From what i hear these are the better films out there for maintaining the picture quality while still offering protection and anti finger print.

22. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

LOL...the fingers prints are alive and well on the ipad. It's just....when you turn on that screen...the brightness of the screen overshadows all fingerprints. you don't see them when its on. its just when its off......then the horror begins.

23. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

lol so true. when i turn off my screen im like.......eww.

24. jaykk macrumors 6502a

My first thought was the same when i saw the thread title:)

25. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

the scratches are on the bezel.