Omg! I have an idea! Copycat Apple Designs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intz2nu, Nov 1, 2012.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Wouldn't it be cool if more PC manufactures were to try making cheap hash looking iMac fake AIO Desktops? This would be so HOT so people could have more choices in the fake iMac world. I just thought about this after just seeing the Asus AIO Dtop, then seen the HP AIO Dtop, and then the Vizio AIO Dtop. Okay okay who's next??? Sony c'mon, lets see it, lets see it, the L needs an update.

Seriously why are all these PC manufactures busy trying to copy Apple? I know it's the most valueable company in the world but to copy it only sinks you to the level of dirt after so many years for PC manufactures. So why all of sudden start now? Why not continue to make things in other unique ways that could maybe be a bit more original than to copy things from the most valueable company in the world only with hopes to maybe top it and be an even more valueable company? Uhmm yeah that will be a pipe dream that would never come true.

Sorry folks but this is a rant after seeing one too many Apple copies of just about every device Apple has dun made. Oh wait no thats right Apple doesn't have that flip-flop slap-back, fold-up, fold-down, whatever the hell you wanna call it.......Surface.....The commercial for it is a bit retarded and whack. Theres so many folding and attachable parts, a back stand so you can sit it on your desk with the rest of your family pictures that are already framed. Oh wait and it has the most retarded OS in the world --Windows 8-- The name Surface speaks for itself as it's at an all time low, ground level low, surface level low.

Just looking at the Surface makes me wanna do an iSmash of it and kill it as it really is a stupid looking device. No offense to anyone who owns it, thats cool if you guys like it. :p

Oh and I almost forgot PC manufactures making PC machines with monitors smaller than 27 inches just seem like toys for little boys. :p

2. mac.ross macrumors member

The only thing I've got from this is that you were drop-kicked from a significant height at a young age and haven't properly developed.

Windows 8/RT is a solid OS, especially when it comes to tablets, and will only get better as it matures.

The Surface has been receiving almost nothing but praise since its release too, all you are showing is that you are completely ignorant and blindsided.

Care to post examples of all these 'cheap hash looking iMac fake AIO Desktops' to at least back up your nonsensical statement?

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The Apple ecosystem is much much more than good hardware.

4. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

As I said in my original post that no offense to people who own a Surface and likes Windows 8 (Assuming that this is you).

Also Windows 8 doesn't belong on a Dtop unless it's maybe a touchscreen AIO then maybe so.

5. mac.ross, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

mac.ross macrumors member

I do not own a Surface and I don't intend on purchasing any tablet any time soon, I would have no real use for one.

Windows 8 is solid on a desktop and easy to navigate about with both a mouse pointer or via touchscreen - I have no idea what the fuss is about.

YOU think it doesn't belong on a desktop, but then again, judging from your previous post your views are a little... skewed.

6. Sebastian85 macrumors newbie

Apple does not own the design rights or property rights to LCD-based AIO-computers - or even AIO-computers. That right is reserved to the HP 9830 from 1972 ;).

That being said, i personally don't intend to upgrade to W8 - i don't need a tablet OS on my desktop and gaming PC, thank you very much.

7. mac.ross macrumors member

There is no real point in spending money upgrading to Windows 8 at the moment if gaming is what it's primarily for.

The difference between them is only a frame or two in Windows 8s favour.

I only really upgraded because I enjoy the much faster boot-up time and I get it for free through Microsoft Dreamspark Premium (MSDNAA)

8. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

YOU are AWARE that it isn't just ME that feels this way about Win8, right? Lots of people including myself find it difficult to use and also feel in personal opinions amongst many others that Win8 isn't really something enjoyable for a desktop experience. I have also seen some online news headlines stating that some people are also a lot more (confused) with Win8. So surely it's just myself alone who feels this way.

9. mac.ross macrumors member

Yes, I am aware.

Just because loads of people believe it, doesn't make it true - every forum is filled with someone ranting about Windows 8 being a tablet OS with no desktop usability and they judge this either by other peoples comments or using it for 5 minutes with already preconceived flaws.

There are numerous articles about how easy it is to use - also not an indicator on how good the OS is.

I am using it currently and I have noticed no real difference between using Windows 7 and Windows 8 - all my keyboard shortcuts remain and I have no difficulty navigating around.

The only trouble I had was with hotspots (although this was on the Dev Preview) and that is all explained on your first boot - something that wasn't included in the previews.

10. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I think myself along with much others are a bit more prone to previous versions of Windows experiences that with the new layout of Win8 no longer being much like the earlier experiences of Windows has made it much more difficult for people to use. Most people including myself were probably expecting Win8 to have a layout and feel much like earlier versions of Windows. But yes to pre-judge something new because we are more used to something of an earlier period is indeed wrong but I feel personally that MS should have tossed in some kind of option in Win8 to allow people rather choose between a more traditional Windows layout and feel vs having to have forced people to the whole newly created experience of Win8. This would have made it a lot more simplified for people who would prefer the more traditional feel and layout of earlier Windows while at the sametime give them another option of a new layout and feel to discover and learn.