Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Bottom line is - So what. I mean if you (and we) have to wait another month or two to get delivery of the phone, its not the end of the world.

I waited 6 months for apple to update their MBP line (retina MBP) I certainly can wait an extra month or three for a new phone - and that's all it is, a phone.

Faux Carnival

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Oh my God! I was preparing my kidney to sell for the super, brilliant, revolutionary and most importantly MAGICALiPhone 5. I'm so sad now. I haven't used an unmagical device for a long time. Because I'm soo productive.

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
In that case, you won't get a white iPhone for another few months. Think you can last that long? :D

One thing I learned from reading SJ's biography is that Tim Cook is an excellent inventory and demand guy. I highly doubt something like the white 4 would happen again with him at the helm. All of the iPhones are probably ready and waiting right now.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
erm the 4s was announced then released almost a month later? soooo..?? :confused::confused::confused:

No, the 4S was announced Oct 4 and was released the 14th.

One thing I learned from reading SJ's biography is that Tim Cook is an excellent inventory and demand guy. I highly doubt something like the white 4 would happen again with him at the helm. All of the iPhones are probably ready and waiting right now.

The white iPhone 4's problem wasn't an inventory issue, they couldn't get the paint right.

Anyway, Cook was COO before he became CEO. He's been responsible for supply since 1998.

jf1450

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
Shades of Steve Martin in The Jerk. "The phonebook is here!! The phonebook is here!!" :)

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
No, the 4S was announced Oct 4 and was released the 14th.

The white iPhone 4's problem wasn't an inventory issue, they couldn't get the paint right.

Anyway, Cook was COO before he became CEO. He's been responsible for supply since 1998.

i stand corrected ;)

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The only way this would make sense... would be if the leaks we have been seeing are the updates for the iPhone 4/4S (to add the new aspect ratio and new dock connector)... and we havent seen the new iPhone yet...

I doubt that though, but we will soon find out

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
either way, you're going to have to wait. It's not like mass panic will force apple to do anything. They have billions in a bank account. They can do whatever they want, and they will, I promise you.

But.

I highly doubt they would release an iPhone 5, that has been leaking for monnnnnths, in 2 1/2 to 3 months.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I just talked to a vzw rep on THURSDAY and he indicated that they didn't KNOW when it would ship or if VZW would even be taking pre-orders. He said they get a briefing just prior to launch/pre-orders and they are just as much "in-the-dark" as we are with a slight bit of advanced notice.

Every question that I had answered was speculation based on either how the iPhone 4/4S launch was handled or how the SGS III pre-orders were handled.

Basically, nothing new that we don't all already know.

Plus, relax. It's just a phone. I'm excited just like the millions of other people but my 4S is still pretty awesome. If they delay the launch it'll give me time to break up with my 4S slowly. You know... I'll take it out to dinner a few times, maybe a movie... some "break up" saxytime... the usual.

GoreVidal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Look on the bright side. At least you don't have herpes! Though given your distress over a phone, I wouldn't think there'd be a way to you could contract it in the first place.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Look on the bright side. At least you don't have herpes! Though given your distress over a phone, I wouldn't think there'd be a way to you could contract it in the first place.

you can't get herpes from a phone... I would know... (see my last post)

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
I just talked to a vzw rep on THURSDAY and he indicated that they didn't KNOW when it would ship or if VZW would even be taking pre-orders. He said they get a briefing just prior to launch/pre-orders and they are just as much "in-the-dark" as we are with a slight bit of advanced notice.

Every question that I had answered was speculation based on either how the iPhone 4/4S launch was handled or how the SGS III pre-orders were handled.

Basically, nothing new that we don't all already know.

Plus, relax. It's just a phone. I'm excited just like the millions of other people but my 4S is still pretty awesome. If they delay the launch it'll give me time to break up with my 4S slowly. You know... I'll take it out to dinner a few times, maybe a movie... some "break up" saxytime... the usual.

really?

when i worked at at&t the janitors all had the latest iphones a month before launch and knew exactly what was going to be announced

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2012
Sprint will get the phone later than VZ and AT&T and VZ rep's are stupid. /thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.