OMG, it's already shipping!

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
It wasn't suppose to ship until the 22nd, now it is estimated to be here at my apt by the 16th! Go Apple! I can't wait for my new 2.0ghz PM to arrive. Well, my refurbed dual 2.0ghz PM. :D Oh yeah, and AppleCare shipped too.

**edit**
Forgot to mention, 58 lbs!!!! ship weight.
 

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
joecool85 said:
It wasn't suppose to **** until the 22nd, now it is estimated to be here at my apt by the 16th! Go Apple! I can't wait for my new 2.0ghz PM to arrive. Well, my refurbed dual 2.0ghz PM. :D Oh yeah, and AppleCare shipped too.

**edit**
Forgot to mention, 58 lbs!!!! ship weight.
You'll love it. I just got my Dual 2.0ghz a week ago today. It's wonderful.

Enjoy!
 
Comment

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
334
0
joecool85 said:
It wasn't suppose to **** until the 22nd, now it is estimated to be here at my apt by the 16th! Go Apple! I can't wait for my new 2.0ghz PM to arrive. Well, my refurbed dual 2.0ghz PM. :D Oh yeah, and AppleCare shipped too.

**edit**
Forgot to mention, 58 lbs!!!! ship weight.
By the way, checking FedEx every 15 minutes to see it's any closer apparently doesn't make it get here faster.
Of course I still do it, but I don't think it helps... ;)
 
Comment

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
joecool85 said:
It wasn't suppose to **** until the 22nd...
Constipation is a serious issue and should be looked at by a specialist.
 
Comment

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
ITASOR said:
Constipation is a serious issue and should be looked at by a specialist.
lol, totally didn't notice that. I worked from 9pm to 5am last night into this morning and had just woken up and was really excited about it and and and...well, I can't spell that early in the morning.
 
Comment

Nikko1965

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2003
36
0
Amsterdam
Refurbs

Are refurbs a strictly US phenomena or does anyone know if refurbs are avaiable for us Europeans?

Cheers,

Nick
 
Comment

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
2,284
0
Alta, Norway
Nikko1965 said:
Are refurbs a strictly US phenomena or does anyone know if refurbs are avaiable for us Europeans?

Cheers,

Nick
It's available in the UK, but not in any other European country, as far as I know.
 
Comment

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
berkleeboy210 said:
Your not alone, I do the same thing.
Yeah me too, but UPS usually only scans it at the origin and then not again until it arrives at a local UPS facility. :( :( :(
 
Comment

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
ITASOR said:
Yeah me too, but UPS usually only scans it at the origin and then not again until it arrives at a local UPS facility. :( :( :(
I know, when I don't see a scan on a shipment for like 3 days I get nervous, especially if it's a ground package, maybe up to 4 days any more activity pops up on UPS.com

FedEx's Tracking System is much better, and I also like there commit times (ie:1030,3pm,430pm) UPS makes u wait the whole day unless it's an AM delivery.
 
Comment

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
berkleeboy210 said:
I know, when I don't see a scan on a shipment for like 3 days I get nervous, especially if it's a ground package, maybe up to 4 days any more activity pops up on UPS.com

FedEx's Tracking System is much better, and I also like there commit times (ie:1030,3pm,430pm) UPS makes u wait the whole day unless it's an AM delivery.
Yeah, my tracking has had an update since August 5th when it left Portland, OR on it's way to Oneida, NY. Talk about useless tracking.
 
Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
AstrosFan said:
By the way, checking FedEx every 15 minutes to see it's any closer apparently doesn't make it get here faster.
Of course I still do it, but I don't think it helps... ;)
As is often said a watched pot never boils. Patience is very difficult when excited about the arrival of an important package.

I'm sure that you will enjoy your new Mac. Very smart choice on the purchase of AppleCare. ;)
 
Comment

matthew24

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
388
0
Netherlands
If you are talking about the latest dual G5 2.0 GHz ( I got one ) ; It is a great machine, but (!) it does not have PCI-X slots!
 
Comment

punkbass25

macrumors member
May 16, 2005
90
0
i ordered the a new BTO PB (in my sig) on the 5th, it had an estimated ship date of the 15th but shipped on the 9th, and will be here 3 days before its original estimated ship date! (thats the 12th for those lazy few)

hehe! :cool:
 
Comment

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
matthew24 said:
If you are talking about the latest dual G5 2.0 GHz ( I got one ) ; It is a great machine, but (!) it does not have PCI-X slots!
Nope, it's a refurb, the board before that. So it has 8gb ram capacity and PCI-X. That's actually the big reason I went refurb over new.
 
Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
366
AstrosFan said:
By the way, checking FedEx every 15 minutes to see it's any closer apparently doesn't make it get here faster.
Of course I still do it, but I don't think it helps... ;)
Me too!!!

Right now my SECOND iBook G4 1.42GHz is in Anchorage AK :D

Be here Monday/Tuesday!!! :) ;P :D :cool:
 
Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
4,360
366
joecool85 said:
Is it me or is Fedex just as bad at updating their shipping status as UPS?
They ARE VERY BAD at that :(

The give detailed info, but.. they don't update that often :(

They have more up-to-date information if you call 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339)

Hope that helps :)
 
Comment

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
1,355
1
Maine
They finally updated it. It is in willington, CT as of 3pm today. Which is a bummer, because I don't think it will get from there to here in Maine by tomorrow. Who knows, maybe they will ship it late tonight in a hurry...I sure hope so, I want to get my PM now lol.

**edit**
Just checked, its actually only a 6 hour drive from here, so maybe it will happen.

**edit**
And now it's on it's way toward maine!
 
Comment

switchr92

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
49
0
semi-related question

I just ordered a BTO iBook w/60GB HD and iWork preinstalled, and on the FedEx shipping tracker, it says that the iBook has already landed in the UPS station in Los angeles (where i live), but it estimates delivery date to be around the 23rd. is the estimated delivery date just not updated with the rest of the info, or is there some kind of processing or somn it needs to go through here before I get to use my awesome new iBook?
 
Comment

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
1,641
0
Boston, Massachusetts
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.