Omg! My new favorite thing!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spiritedcharm, Apr 24, 2015.

1. spiritedcharm macrumors newbie

I love, love, love, my Apple watch - picked up from the UPS hub at 1:00 today. What a fun new (functional) toy! I got to use Apple pay at Walgreens on my way home from work and the lady behind me asked, "is that the new watch?"

I've read many reviews and watched many videos, but it's still so much fun discovering new things. For example, on my way home from work, I pulled up the maps app from glances (I was not navigating) and it told me how many minutes from home I was. Or was it miles? I was so excited I didn't check.

I thought I would start off with the Modular face, but I am REALLY loving the motion face with the butterfly!

I am a little sad that my husband didn't get his yet. I ordered mine (42 MM Milanese) and his (42 MM black sport) at 3:06 est. Mine was delivered today and his is still processing for 4/24-5/8. Poor thing.

2. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

How many modular watch faces are there to choose from? I'm seeing a lot on Instagram that Apple never showed off before.

3. spiritedcharm thread starter macrumors newbie

There's just one, but the modular face has a lot of customization options from what I can tell.

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Duh...I meant motion. ::p

5. killawat macrumors 65816

god i'm jealous. so cool :) Mines still in transit.

6. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

Early reviews said that the maps app took forever to load. Sounds like they've fixed that since. Good to hear!

7. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I got the 42mm Milanese too. Whoa it is all CLASS. Love it

----------

Somehow citizens bank doesn't support apple pay WTF?!

8. leenak macrumors 68020

3. Butterflies, flowers and jellyfish.

You can set it to the jellyfish and tell people not to be jelly of your jellyfish. Or not.

9. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Looks like you have multiple flowers, butterflies and jellyfish to choose from?

10. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

I love your enthusiasm! I feel the same way. I actually feel different today somehow, as if something has shifted. It sounds absurd to put so much emphasis on a material object, but I really feel like this is the first step in a new wave of tech.

I honestly don't know what to do with it, I'm just responding to it as it talks to me. so far so good. Everything seems more seamless in my interactions.

11. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Nope. 1 of each

12. leenak macrumors 68020

They rotate. I am not sure there is a way to keep one. But every time the watch goes on, it is a different one.

13. Rogifan, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Ah. Cool. Here's some of the ones I saw on Instagram:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Everyone is loving the motion faces... I do think the jellyfish looks really great but I wish it would 'pause' when it sleeps. By the time it fades in I've already glanced at the time it's just fading in. :/

15. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Been playing with the wife's since delivery, about 5p EST (it's now 8 here), and it's _very_ cool. She already loves it (almost went for a run :D ).

re: Watch Faces

So far, she likes the Modular, but I'm pretty sold on the Chronograph :)

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Hi Spiritedcharm, I love mine, too. My husband's watch is stuck in Processing same as your husband's. He's got the 42 mm Classic Buckle. He ended up picking up a Pebble Steel on sale to tide him over and to use at the beach and pool where he won't want to take the Apple watch.

Yeah this watch is incredible so far. I've played around getting news radio with it paired to my watch and scrolling CNN headlines. Those are a bit limited but still cool.

I even have a Bible app synced up. It's a full Bible on my IPhone but gives me verses of the day and trending verses on the Apple Watch. I was surprised to see that app show up on my Apple Watch when I let the Phone go ahead and load all possible Apps onto my watch. I had totally forgotten I even owned that App.

I am looking at my email on the watch. A friend had sent a large text and pictures and I can see all of it. I didn't know I could do that on the Apple Watch!

17. Stoneyman macrumors member

Digging my new sport, and although I'm not really an attention whore...2 people stopped me at dinner to ask if "that" was the Apple Watch and I dug that too. :) Go figure.

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I just got my nails done. I showed the girls my new :apple: Watch. They seemed really interested in it. I love this thing. I'm like wow!!!! I wonder if Scruff has an App for Apple watch.

19. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm sad that my Black Sport at 3:06 is middle/end of May. So be happy he's getting his in the first window ha!

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

am I boring haha. I just like simple.

Attached Files:

21. Downs2011 macrumors regular

Yea I'm not seeing any of that. Takes about as long as my iPhone 6 plus apps take.

22. whatos macrumors 6502a

It's shiny, new, but not my favorite at this point.