Omg No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xgamer1224, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

OMG! my ipod touch was in my charger all night. and when i went to see it and it was really really hot. the apple symbol was brown and the screen was white. the party that sucks though is that my windows comp crashed over the weekend along with all of my itunes stuff.

are my app and music stuff gone forever now?

2. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

or can i get everything from the app store again cuz i bought it once?

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

When you go to re-download your App Store apps you will get a message stating "you have already purchased this application, click here to download it again for free".

So yes, you will get your apps back for free.

4. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Stuart in Oz macrumors 6502

I don't think you can get your music again though.

iTunes music purchases are one-time-download only. It's your responibility to back them up.

Sorry. :(

6. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

7. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

will i have to buy my apps through the app store on my ipod or on itunes or both?

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It doesn't matter, just as long as you use the same account you originally bought them with.

9. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

but it says that my account will be charged when i try to buy asphalt 4 which i already had. should i just ignore it?

10. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

11. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Not necessarily. Send Apple an email saying you lost your music due to <insert your situation here> and they'll reset the download count on all of your purchases.

12. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Not necessarily also. Apple has to pay the copyright holder every time the track is downloaded, so they'll be losing money even if it's one track; if it's a ridiculous amount I wouldn't blame them if they pretty much say 'too bad'. Think of it this way, if you buy a physical copy of something (so, a music CD), and you lose it, the store isn't just going to say "oh here, have another". That's not the way it works.

13. MWillis561 macrumors member

MWillis561

Apple will let you redownload

Just to confirm, I've sent an email to Apple to request the ability to re-download some movies that got deleted. They said that would be fine and they resent me everything that I had downloaded since my account was created. It was missing some items, ie. The Office, but my download queue all of a sudden showed 2537 downloads.