OMG today is the day

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sjr19, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sjr19 macrumors newbie

... I can finally go and get a 24" iMac!!!!!! During a financial drought, I had to sell my intel white 20" imac and borrow my friend's eMac... So now I didn't know what to do with myself until the stores open, I had to post... wish me luck? lol.

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Great, sjr19! I'm happy for you, and hope you have a blast setting it up and making it yours. :)

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Congrats, and enjoy your new machine! And thanks...for NOT making this another "should i buy now, or..." post!!!

5. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

Would you call the experience of buying a Mac retail therapy or retail nirvana?

6. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

lol I opened this thread thinking I'd find. "PERNYN iMACS TODAY!"
    But you surprised me. :rolleyes:
    Have fun with your new Mac, I'm sure you'll love it.

7. sjr19 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL, sorry for the potentially misleading title :) but at least it's not what clyde2801 thought it would be and another "should I... " post :)

and a456, I gotta say... it's both! I went to the Apple store in my area yesterday just to take a look at them again,and, yeah, it's definitely both :D

Thanks for the support!!!

8. mschmitt macrumors member

I bought my iMac 24" two days ago at Apple's Fresno store. I also ordered 4GB of Mushkin RAM from Newegg before driving to Fresno. Amazingly, the memory arrived the next afternoon, and I had only chosen UPS guaranteed 3-day shipping.

I decided that even if I waited for the next update, Nehalem would most likely render it "obsolete". My wife and I needed a second Mac more than I needed any foreseeable updates.

The difference between the glossy screen and the matte screen on my Core Duo 17" is striking, a difference made more clear when I had them side by side to transfer files.

Enjoy your new Mac.

9. sjr19 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll tell you what, I just got it and am using it as we speak and i gotta say... wow. It's great. The keyboard takes some getting used to but i am getting there :) Absolutely awesome!! Now, to set it up! :)

10. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

That's great, sjr19! It's always nice to read of someone who actually went out and got one, as opposed to "should I or shouldn't I".
    Have fun, get it just the way you want it, and blaze away! :)
    Morod

11. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Congrats! I bought one a few weeks ago and then returned it. Now I REALLY REALLY miss it!

12. mschmitt macrumors member

I got used to the keyboard on a MacBook, so this new Apple keyboard is not a big change for me. I like it better than my old Apple keyboards, as it is quieter, appears easier to clean, and I type faster with the shorter key travel.

The change in function keys is the biggest adjustment for me. Thankfully, I just discovered the "fn" key.

I'm glad you have a wonderful Mac again now that your financial drought is over. Congratulations!

13. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Congrats !!! I hope to be setting mine up pretty soon although I want a blackbook and I don't have enough money now... c'mon tax returns !

14. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Keyboard, YECH!

I had bought a few of the older keyboards as backups when one of the original ones died so now I'm sitting pretty with a new aluminum imac with the older keyboard. Yeah it isn't the new sexy and useless design but I'm happy... And the 'mighty mouse'? ICK...

What was Apple thinking...:eek:

Isn't it funy how money works sometimes. I had a killer car stereo in college and sold it because I had money issues and in less than a week I got a new job with a huge raise in pay. Life is funny...