OMG

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Totally Bored, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Totally Bored macrumors member

Totally Bored

OMG this thing is fast and awesome !!!

Going from a 12 year old PC to this is mind blowing.

3 days now with my new machine and I just wanted to get that out there. Maybe you guys will forgive me for all my dumb questions I've had here although I'm still learning and I might have more :)

Peace

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Wow, a 12 yr old PC c2003, would get blown away by a nexus 7 tab, let alone the mighty Imac. Is this your first time using macs?

4. Totally Bored thread starter macrumors member

Totally Bored

Yup 1st time with a Mac. I'm a little lost at times but I'm getting there. This thing is fast. Stuff that would take a hour to process on my Old PC gets done in a few seconds.

Sad day yesterday putting the old girl ( PC ) in the garage. We've been thru a lot together and have made some fabulous recordings ( I'm a musician) but ... It was time :(

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
  6. Lankyman macrumors 68000

Whilst you may be celebrating your new purchase the real story here is your '12 year old PC'. This blows a hole in people's arguments, many of whom post on this forum that PC's are rubbish. This clearly demonstrates you don't have to pay Apple prices to get a computer which will give years of good service.

I like my own iMac though I'm not sure it will still be running after 12 years.

I recently retired a Pentium PC purchased in July 2003, not because it was broken but simply because I no longer needed it.

7. Totally Bored thread starter macrumors member

Totally Bored

True dat

True dat and....

My PC still does multitrack recording fine. Weird I know. Even with all the dam viruses UGGH

The iMac is so... Much faster tho :)

Gonna take a little while to learn it all. Logic Pro X seems real nice but just a big learning curve. I was running Nuendo on my PC. Gonna give Logic a good try for a while. If I can't gel with it I'll go to Cubase 8 cause I'm familiar with that format.

8. cynics macrumors G4

True, prior to my iMac I was using a Dell 8100 I bought in 1999. I had 2 hard drive failures and 1 cpu fan failure over the course of 15 years. Pentium 4, 1gb RAM, 2x HDD 150gb, win xp. My iPad is significantly faster then it was. Haha