General OmniStat Alternative

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nanogirl21, Mar 10, 2012.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I like the OmniStat add on for the notification center but I think it is huge and takes up a lot of space. Is there any other alternative apps or add ons that allow you to view RAM and clear it with the press of a button? I know Springtomize have an option to view RAM but I would like to clear it not only view usage. The RAM feature of OmniStat is the only thing that I use from the add on.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you know that on iOS 5 ram measurements are wrong if the device has been on for more than one day? Every app that can calculate wired/active/inactive/free ram doesn't display it correctly. Check it for yourself, add up the four numbers. It would be how much you should have. But don't forget on modern UNIX based systems free ram is wasted ram.

3. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Did you ever find an alternative?
    I'm thinking of switching to SBSettings from BBSettings (which does what Omnistat but way more and looks better, but it has an annoying pop up message every time you respring) and I need something among the lines of Omnistat.

4. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

No I didnt I just stopped using it all together

5. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Good to hear.
    I'm kind of in the same boat.
    And after just installing one useful tweak at a time (the totally necessary) my apps don't close as usual and I've had zero crashes, so...