OmniWeb 6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael Goff, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I was wondering if it's a glitch that I can't be signed in on a page in Safari and not signed in on that same page on OmniWeb.

2. TheGraphicMac macrumors member

Signing in is done (most often) with browser cookies, so just because you're signed in using one browser doesn't mean you're signed in with another.

That being said, many sites are set up so that they only allows one login at a time using your username/password. This is usually done with "pay" sites to prevent one person from subscribing and sharing the login info with every stinking person on the planet.

3. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Okay, let me give me specific.

Safari 7, I'm logged into Yuku as a single name. It's a free site. I then download OmniWeb 6 (it's a beta, of course). I then move to Yuku, and I'm logged in as that same name. I find it weird, but I think it might be a glitch. I then log out of that one and as another (it's an RP board, one name per character).

I then end up refreshing Safari and I'm now logged in as the other one anymore. Is this how it works?

4. TheGraphicMac macrumors member

Sounds like the site is logging IP addresses and retaining that info for login cookies. That's the only thing I can think of.