OmniWeb vs WebKit

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Feb 10, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

So as suggested by the creator of TFF I am trying out OmniWeb over Safari. Got to say I don't Like OmniWeb all that well. Sure from the second i click it tot he time it opens is about 3 seconds It seems to lack. It has no HTML5 support, MacRumors is rather flakey on it (Often loads blank and i have to copy/paste the URL and hit enter to get it to load (Refresh dont work).

Is there a particular reason that OmniWeb does not support HTML5? Is there a way to make WebKit open in about 3 seconds?

Also how the i Fullscreen HTML5 Videos in Safari?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The best and most secure browsers for PPC right now are Leopard WebKit and TenFourFox. Leopard WebKit is generally faster and uses less CPU, but TenFourFox is more secure, up to date, and offers more features.

3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I can't answer why Omniweb doesn't support HTML5 - you would need to ask the devs of that particular application to find out why.

As for safari, if you use Leopard webkit version of Safari and run the "enable advanced features" script in the installation package, you can then view HTML5 video's in full screen in the browser window.

4. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I cannot use the advance features script as doing so makes 90% of the programs I use crash upon opening