On 2nd MBPR TB 13inch Login - Issues!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Leaf., Dec 1, 2016.

1. Leaf. macrumors member

Hello,

So this is my 2nd MBP 13inch TB (baseline model). My previous and current one (the one I'm using right now), have both experienced really annoying logging in issues (which caused me to give back the 1st one I got).

What log-in issues? Basically, when switching on the laptop and I am about to type my password - when I click to input the password into the bar - it freezes. It refuses to let me type anything in. Although I can still move the cursor. So...I have to switch the laptop off and back on and try it again to which it (may sometimes work). This is my 2nd MBP with the same problem!

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem by any chance?

Should I try for a 3rd time?....
    --- Post Merged, Dec 1, 2016 ---
    Also when I close the lid - it does not automatically go into sleep mode. it pretty much does nothing i.e. screen stays on. Is this normal? How do I make it, such that when I close the lid, it will go into sleep mode.

2. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

3. Leaf. thread starter macrumors member

But why would I need to do that, when I just got the machine brand new? Surely it shouldn't have this problem - fresh from the box. (It's really baffling me because this is the 2nd time!)

4. chabig macrumors 601

That sounds very strange. I have the same machine and no problems. Though this sounds crazy, it would be interesting to see a short video of this behavior. Can you record it with your phone and upload?

5. Leaf. thread starter macrumors member

I would but I don't have my phone available with me atm. I can literally describe it: As soon as I click my name, it takes me to the login screen and where it says 'Password', instead of having a 'blinking' 'l' indicating you can type something in theirs nothing their. Or when I try to click it, it won't still let me type. It's so annoying!

6. chabig macrumors 601

Two machine...it sounds like a software problem, likely related to your account. Can you try a different account?

7. Leaf. thread starter macrumors member

As in apple account? I only have 1...sureley it can't be related to the account since it wont even let me type anything into the password bar (kind of like it freezes). The thing is its not ALWAYS...sometimes it does work and sometimes I get the problem

8. chabig macrumors 601

I meant a different user account in the same machine. I only mention it because on one machine it could be hardware or firmware, but on two?

9. packeted macrumors newbie

I've noticed some similar problems. Less so on the login, although there's definitely been a delay in letting me type - but in Chrome, it often freezes allowing me to scroll but not select links or input any text in to input boxes.