On 3.2 want to upgrade to 3.2.1 How?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by xenaki, Aug 26, 2010.

1. xenaki macrumors member

xenaki

Ok. So I was a little late to the 3.2.1 bandwagon. I have wifi issues on my iPad and want to upgrade it. With 3.2.2 out, Apple is no longer signing 3.2.1. Is there a way to get from 3.2, where I am currently, to 3.2.1? I read something about changing my hosts file to bypass Apple, but that hasn't worked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. PapaSmuffs macrumors newbie

I feel that the hosts thing is your best bet, can you elaborate why it didn't work for you?

3. xenaki thread starter macrumors member

xenaki

It gave me the same error I get if I didn't change the hosts file. I feel like I missed the 3.2.1 update and won't be able to get it. The wifi issue is really bugging me but I don't want to lose my jailbreak...

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you didn't sign your shsh 3.2.1 you can't go back to it. The host file edit works when you have your shsh saved locally or on cydia servers

5. dstar macrumors regular

I just went to 3.2.1 last night from 3.2. Changing your hosts file does work. Make sure you didn't save it as hosts.txt or something like that.

I initially got the same error message too after changing my hosts file. Make sure you close iTunes and restart it, i also flushed DNS on my system.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Ok so just for the sake of the thread, you did this without having saved your SHSH for 3.2.1??? the OP said...."So I was a little late to the 3.2.1 bandwagon" To me that means that he was late to saved his SHSHs (I could be wrong).

7. dstar macrumors regular

Yes, you are correct that you need your SHSH blobs saved. I assumed that was done. If the 3.2 blobs were saved on cydia, he'll automatically have them for 3.2.1 and 3.2.2.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cool, that is what I thought, based on the OP I think he said that he missed the signing windows, but as I said, I could have just misunderstood him. In any case, my first reply stand If the OP got the SHSHs saved, just go ahead and start the TSS server with Tinyumbrella and Downgrade, if not, them you are SOL