On 3rd Ipad, Brighter white pixel..is it worth it to take it back again?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jateelover, Mar 30, 2012.

1. jateelover macrumors member

I just can't seem to get a good iPad. The first one was good, but had a bunch of stuck pixels in a cluster by the bottom of the screen...second one was so pink it was hard to do anything...This ones alright, a little bit of yellow on one side, but there is one really bright pixel when viewing white or light colored web pages and stuff...Its like a brighter white than the rest, sticks out.

I'm starting to wonder if I am just overly picky...

2. falcora macrumors 6502

I'm starting to think that there is no such thing as a perfect iPad display. Mine is pretty close (purchased on launch day), but there is some mild backlight bleeding. Its only noticeable when the brightness is full in a pitch black room, with a pitch black image on the screen. So in other words, I could care less.

3. jateelover thread starter macrumors member

ya thats pretty typical...and this is just a tiny 1 pixel that is brighter on white backgrounds...can't even take a pic...but today is the last return day and i just don't know if its worth it to try again...annoying...

4. SamFisher macrumors member

I have a small speck of dust, or stuck/dead pixel in the top right, but i don't mind. I'm just happy mine arrived a week early!

5. Giov macrumors member

If it doesn't bother you, just keep it. If it does, you know what you should do. As long as you can justify your purchase, no one can force you to do anything you don't like.

6. bobright macrumors 601

It's your OCD just take it back and move on and/or get help.

7. Giov macrumors member

stop the name calling game. He is only expressing his concerns. I suggest you get a life yourself.

8. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

I am not trying to boast or anything but I am starting to feel like I am the only one who has never had a problem with my iOS devices. Both my iPad 2 and 3 I have never had any problems with the screens. And my iPhone 4S have been going great.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel for all of you. When you spend that amount of money on a piece of technology, you do deserve to have it working correctly.

9. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

Only you can decide what to do. If you notice it every time you turn the iPad on then I would return it. If you only notice it because you are looking for issues then you might be ok keeping it. Ultimately, no one here can make that decision for you.

10. inaka macrumors 6502

Mine is perfect. But then again, I'm enjoying it and not looking for issues.
    Just sayin that to me, a problem has to be so severe that I notice it right away, not a flaw I need to seek out.