Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
So I'm currently on 9.0.2 on my Ipad Air 2. I only have it jailbroken for Kodi. With the latest jailbreak of 9.3.3, I understand that if I reboot, the jailbreak is gone and I can hit relaunch it directly from the ipad. Will this uninstall Kodi or will it delete any of my sources within Kodi?

Anything else I need to know that I may not be aware of?

thanks

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
ok thanks.... 9.0.2 is solid anyways.

So that brings me to my next question:

For those with jailbroken ipads, why did you jailbreak your device? Thinking there's probably a lot of things I'm not considering aside from Kodi

Last edited:

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I mostly jailbreak for Dark mode (mix of eclipse 3 and nightmode9)but as a bonus, I love Dissident (force background apps), Splitify, Video Pane, Mikoto, Couria, App Admin, Message Customiser, Springtomize 3 and Display recorder.

I'm happy with those tweaks, Not really need anything else.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I'm on iOS 9.3.3.

To answer part of your question if I restart my iPhone and lose the JB the hacks remain.

They just won't work until I launch the Pangu app to re JB.

vrOOOOm!

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2016
Cape Town, ZA
So I'm currently on 9.0.2 on my Ipad Air 2. I only have it jailbroken for Kodi. With the latest jailbreak of 9.3.3, I understand that if I reboot, the jailbreak is gone and I can hit relaunch it directly from the ipad. Will this uninstall Kodi or will it delete any of my sources within Kodi?

Anything else I need to know that I may not be aware of?

thanks

I have an iPad Air 1 which I use only for Kodi & YouTube Pro on JB iOS 8.4 - and I will never go further as it works flawlessly.

Silver11FX4

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I have an iPad Air 1 which I use only for Kodi & YouTube Pro on JB iOS 8.4 - and I will never go further as it works flawlessly.

Not going to help with the YouTube Pro but I upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus and was bummed to lose my Kodi. Fortunately, there is a way around that!

I even upgraded to the beta versions of 10.1 and am still able to use this!

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
If I ever had to pick between an older IOS version and an untethered jailbreak or a newer IOS version with a tethered jailbreak, I'd think about what I need the jailbreak for.

If you only need it for one app, then you might as well just get the tethered newer OS because there's a lot less bugs and it's not hard to just open up an app to jailbreak your phone every time you reboot your phone...it only takes like 10 seconds

But if you reboot your phone a lot or have a lot of jailbroken apps on your phone, then I would stay with the older IOS and the untethered version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.