on a good screen Touch...is there ANY Negative Black?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MatrixPrime, Sep 22, 2007.

1. MatrixPrime macrumors regular

So on the touch's with good screens, is there ANY negative black effect at all? More precisely, if you view the screen from any angle or tilt of the ipod, does the screen look the exact same as if you were starting at it head-on?

I ask because I have a week 38 (non-Macy Gray box), and head-on the image looks great, and even at a slight tilt back, but if I view the ipod from the side or at an extreme overhead or lower view, the image has the negative black look to it. Is this normal?

2. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

No, take it back. An LCD screen should be viewable from all angles, including from the back.

I guess the week 38's aren't as good as we thought.

3. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

I have a week 37 and I have a very little screen issue. Its hardly noticable. If I tilt the screen its better. The videos on the touch look amazing!! Safari is great too!! I'm typing on it right now!!

Buy the touch now!!! :)

4. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

My week 38 (my 5th touch) looks great vertical, and even better with the home button to the left. Unfortunately, it still has negative blacks if it is held with the home button to the right... which is the only way one can play video. :(

5. prs986 macrumors regular

What!?? that is not true! ALL LCDs have some sort of color shift when looked at from extreme angles! What the OP is mentioning is perfectly normal.

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

Where did you conceive this information? LCD's are viewable at all angles, but it depends on the panel type for what degree you can view it from before you notice the flaws of LCD technology. For instance, TN panels give you 160 degrees, while S-PVA gives you up to 178 degrees. There is still color shifts when I have my iPod touch at extreme angles, but it takes a lot for it to get that way.

7. Maroonie macrumors member

Maroonie

lol wtb: sense of humor :p

8. tm1000 macrumors member

And im going to throw in my week 38 works great from all angles.

remember that people who have bad items usually go online or call a store to say how bad it is. The people who love their items don't usually do the same thing to rave about it.

A person who likes something will tell 4-5 friends about it.
    A person who hates a product will tell 9-11 people about it.

:cool:

9. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

qft

10. tm1000 macrumors member

No offense but from your posts I don't think you think ANY ipod touch is good.

11. MatrixPrime thread starter macrumors regular

now I'm not sure what to do. I just loaded up the Jay Z CD cover on my iMac and viewed the image from different angles on my screen, and I get varying degrees of image quality, with some having such a "negative black" look that I can't even see a picture on the cover.

So if thats the case on the iMac screen, it looks as though the Touch screen (at least mine) would be somewhat normal despite the fact there is "negative black" when viewed from the side, extreme top and extreme bottom.

12. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

that is absolutely normal for any screen. :rolleyes:

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Nope... None that I can see. All my blacks look perfectly black and no, I'm no exagerating.

14. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

The "including from the back" part should have tipped most of you off that it was a joke. I mean, none of you actually believe you can see the screen from the back, which by the way is completely opaque metal, do you? :rolleyes:

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

any LCD no matter how good it is will have this problem if it is looked at from an angle, the problem with the touches with bad screens was it looked bad from straight on.

16. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

I've given up on sarcasm over the internet.