On a Mac G5 where do I find the Model Number?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macsrules, Mar 10, 2008.

1. macsrules macrumors regular

I want to find the Model number on my G5 so that I know exactly which one I have when I am looking at the apple specs sheets. Here is the link to the specs sheets

http://support.apple.com/specs/powermac/

When you click on your model you get a spec sheet that looks like the image that I attached. On the first line there is the word Model. then beside it are some numbers and letters. Where on my computer do I find that? I looked everywhere. Is it on the Motherboard? Is it hidden somewhere on the computer when you start it up? How do I find it?

Thanks,
    Macsrules

PS Click on the image below to view a larger copy

Attached Files:

2. andy.barron macrumors 6502

I wouldn't worry about that, just go to the apple, top left & 'about this mac' will tell you what you have that will correspond with the first line on your attachment.:)

3. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

I want to know the Model number so I know exactly which mac I have. I have more than one and need to upgrade the ram. I also want to know for myself too. About this Mac does not give me the model number unless I am mistaken. If it does, where in there do I find it?

4. andy.barron macrumors 6502

Look at the top of the attachment you posted. There are 3 configurations with 3 models underneath. About this mac will only match up to ONE of the configurations which tells you the model you have.

5. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

6. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Goto About this Mac, and under where it says Mac OS X, it will say the version of your operating system.

Click twice on the word version, and it will bring up your serial number. Note this, then goto

http://support.apple.com/specs/

and type in your serial number. It will bring up your corresponding machine, and model number.

7. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

Cerebrus' Maw, Much thanks!

That was exactly what I was looking.