Carrier On AT&T but want Verizon iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleFairy, Sep 14, 2016.

1. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Anyone on here use AT&T but want the Verizon version of the phone?

If so did you pre-order the phone? It looks like it wants your Verizon account info which I don't have. Not a huge deal I might just wait for the sim-free version to come out and hope it's the version that support the most bands.

2. brojan macrumors member

3. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

yup

4. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Um... they both support the same LTE bands. One only lacks CDMA... which you will never use unless you switch to a CDMA carrier.

5. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

LTE isn't always an option all over Korea and Japan.

6. dcgore macrumors member

Wait for the SIM free then. It should be available in a couple of weeks and with all the craze/demand, you might do yourself a favor. Going back to your question, yes the system will ask for your Verizon account info, even for phones intended to be paid in full.

7. brojan macrumors member

Someone else mentioned you can buy vzw version at the Apple store without an account.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Only need an account purchasing online

8. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I use SK in Korea and Softbank in Japan. The AT&T phone should be fine then?

9. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

No sure about Japan with the new NFC chip for them... but if those networks are LTE without any reliance on CDMA... then yes. It will fine. Just look at the 2 models and compare the LTE bands... they are IDENTICAL...
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

10. KPOM macrumors G5

But the fallback 3G networks in Korea and Japan are CDMA. FWIW the Japanese iPhone supports all 25 LTE bands and FeLiCa and would technically be the "best" if it were available unlocked.

11. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Unless you spend your entire life in a large city I imagine most people don't live entirely on LTE. I am in Albany NY and I see AT&T 3&4G networks all the time . Even on my Verizon work phone I see I don't always have LTE. I understand they have the same LTE bands, but I am not looking forward to no service outside of LTE areas when I am international.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Thanks that is pretty much what I thought, since prior to LTE i didn't have a SIM card with SK telecom, and I have only used SoftBank in Japan after LTE(my sister in law works for them and just gets me a sim only), I used to use docomo prior to getting married since my wife's family all uses SoftBank.

FeliCa is nice, but I am not worried about that.