On average, how long should battery last on 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by julianna1973, May 2, 2009.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

If 3G setting is on, you are using phone but not heavily, playing game(usually bejewelled if that makes a dif) occasional email, occasional web browsing. I used to be able to watch tv shows & im sure the battery lasted longer than what it does now.

Im probably going to go to an Apple store as was recommended by an O2 advisor, i was told they can check there & then if there is a prob with battery As i would rather avoid sending iphone away thru o2, i dont have a spare as hubby has stolen my 1st gen iphone.

2. svndmvn Guest

try fully charging your Phone and check when you get the 10% battery warning what going to settings/general/usage says. If it's too close to 3Hrs or less, you're battery has something wrong, if you have the brightness set to a regular level, under 50% that is, and BT/ Location service off.
    I have 3g Off because I usually use it under wifi (always on) and get 5 Hrs of usage easily, 7 and more on good days, since my battery lasts me 2 days at least.

3. M0bile macrumors regular

98% of the time my iPhone 3G lasts all day with 3G on.

4. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Whats the point of having to turn 3g off just to be able to get through an 8 hour day ??? No im sure my battery is faulty or something coz im scared to use my phone too much & thats rubbish! 5 Hours usage is not good specially with 3 g off!

5. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I took an appointment at the genius bar & the guy offered me a replacement phone, wasnt expecting that, just hoped for a new battery. What great service!!

So lets see how long this lasts now