Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skypie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Where do you go to find out the price of each package you want? Or are most of them free?

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
Where do you go to find out the price of each package you want? Or are most of them free?

Almost everything is free. There are some that you have to buy a registration code, but those are rare. (the only one I can think of on the spot is PDAnet)

Skypie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Almost everything is free. There are some that you have to buy a registration code, but those are rare. (the only one I can think of on the spot is PDAnet)

Alright. Thank you so much. I wasn't sure if you actually had to pay for these applications and it just doesn't tell you on the details page or what. I was getting a little scared. :eek:

tylertech

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
NC
I was just wondering- I was browsing that application and didn't see a price anywhere. How would you know that you have to purchase it?

All apps on Cydia you can download free. However if you download one of the few apps that aren't free, it will just tell you in the app.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
Yeah but I think doing things like using an IM client or trying to connect thought FTP or stuff like that requires you to buy.

Or HTTPS, for that matter.

Seriously: just use an older version. It's good enough for most everything except VPN usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.