On-Ear headphones for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by urbanmojo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. urbanmojo macrumors member

Hi:

I am looking for the following in a headphone for the iPhone:

1. Great sound quality
    2. Over-ear
    3. Has microphone so can use it to make calls on my phone.
    4. Noise cancellation is good but if the over ear design physically cancels noise pretty well that is o.k.
    5. I have a big head so adjustable is good.
    6. Being able to fold up and compact is a nice-to-have.

I've been searching through Google but haven't seen much that fit this category except for the Monster Dr. Dre headphones and the latest Bose Over-Ear. I might go for the Bose, as I suspect the Dr. Dre headphones are good but overpriced.

Any recommendations from people with personal experience with headphones with these characteristics would be great.

Thanks!

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Honestly, I'd buy a cheap mic adapter and buy a great pair of headphones. I personally like the Sony MDR-7506 (studio standard) because the response is about as flat you can get so you can EQ to your hearts content and color it the way you want. They fold and come with a pleather carrying pouch. Also, it's built like a tank however, you can buy every single part just in case something breaks (it's like the Jeep Wrangler of headphones). I've been using mine for at least 5 years and they're still going strong. Love 'em.

3. urbanmojo thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply. I already have a pair of around ear quality headphones (Sennheiser HD 280 pro), but wanted something more compact and portable, shorter cord, folding etc.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

4. iMarcos macrumors newbie

iMarcos

I'd suggest you the Sennheiser's PX200-IIi (closed, around-the-ear), or alternatively the PX100-IIi (open, on-ear).

They're foldable and very portable, and sound quality is great.

The just released new model (version IIi) features an in-line Apple 3-button remote, that's just perfect to control the iPhone.