Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
I recently sold my new 2.6 ghz 4 gig ram 7200 rpm mbp and picked up a used 2.16 ghz 2 gigs ram mbp for 850$ I have yet to notice a big difference between the 2 machines yet and I run a lot of apps simultaneously. Usually Im running 2 browsers, ichat, ical, mail, itunes, apogee duet, stickies and either imovie or garageband, and also scanning pictures and working with word (Im a multitasker)

I think the new technology is great but this shows me how good these machines have been from the start....

zgnoud

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
well considering the type of apps that you run on your macbook pro of course you would hardly feel any difference, to be honest you prob wont even feel any difference if you got your self a macbook (not even sure if you got the macbook pro purely for the larger screen or anaesthetic). Now if you were running stuff like photoshop, illustrator, lightroom/aperature or video stuff (or a combination of both) i can assure the difference is like night and day. (especially from 4gb ->2gb ram)

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
True... a MacBook Air would probably handle that and save you some lifting.

Its the complex, professional graphics and processor/video card heavy apps and gaming that make a MacBook Pro (old or brand new) worth while :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.