on iOS 3.1.3 upgarding to 4.1 keeping the same BB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ansabakhan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I have a 3gs which is still on 3.1.3 , i will be upgrading it to 4.1 soon without touching the basband (keeping it on unlockable bb) ... should i do some special step (like saving SHSH or some thing) before upgrading to 4.1 .... or it doesn't matter ?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Use the newest version of PwnageTool to upgrade to 4.1. Saving the shsh is a must for every iOS update. You can either use TinyUmbrella or click "Make My Life Easier" in Cydia.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i cant find "Make My Life Easier" in Cydia .. its not on the main page??? how do i find it ????

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

you only get 1 shot at this prompt.... when you first run cydia. Otherwise, I think saurik has to hit some switch that prompts everyone again.

In other words, telling people at this point to click "make my life easier" is nonsense.

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

If you want to be sure your SHSH is saved, just use TinyUmbrella to store it locally. Saurik turned off the feature in Cydia that displays your saved SHSH's on the main page so it may be difficult to know if you have them there or not.

6. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

Thank you , i have one more question... if i accidentally upgrade my BASEBAND, is it possible to downgrade my baseband using saved shsh on iphone 3gs?

7. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I have a question, do you always create a new thread if someone doesn't answer your question? :)

Looks like you got your answer from the new thread however.