On iPhone 4 4.3.3 w/ AT&T: TetherMe or PDANet

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Oct 30, 2011.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Which is the best option of the two? I know MyWi doesn't cover your data usage like these two. I figure before I buy, it'd be prudent to ask here first. My reason for buying would be tethering to my iPad. Thanks in advance for any help. >_>b

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No matter which one you choose, you'll get caught. It may be tomorrow or in December, but you'll get caught.

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Really? :/ Pooh. I take it the hiding of data usage worked for a period, but the loop hole was fixed?

4. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Without an understanding of how ATT is tracking....you cant hide the activity.

ATT does have tethering plans.

My concern with switching (from unlimited), is that I just dont have a clear understanding of how the 4S with its higher data speeds, siri...etc will affect data usage.

Also, tethering means I want to connect other devices and they will consume data.

Hard to know how far the 4GB will go.

ATT and all the other carriers are stingy with data and overcharge in a big way.

6. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Well, that makes sense. Thanks for the extra two cents, I picture 4GBs lasting quite a while. I to have an unlimited data plan at the moment, what's the price difference if I went with 2gb and tethering? (I'm driving in LA at the moment lol, so searching might not be smart)

7. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Well, for others with an Unlimited plan, wondering the cost difference of switching to a 2GB w/ Tethering the Unlimited costs $30 and 2GB's is $25. :p
    While cheaper, I think for now I'll stick with Unlimited. Not to mention five bucks isn't that huge a savings.

8. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

PdaNET supports Stealth Mode to avoid AT&T detection. TetherMe doesn't.