On Line Cancel Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by actore116, Sep 15, 2007.

1. actore116 macrumors newbie

So I pre-ordered and then they got them in stores so I canceled my order. Then I got an e-mail saying that since I canceled it they didn't charge me, but on my bank account it says that they took the money out. What should I do. Should I call apple? What number should I call?

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

give it time

give it 4 days and then if the money isnt credited, assuming you used a CC, you can call your CC company and have them cancel the charge. Also, try giving apple a call, if you logon to your account and go to the oder page, at the bottom there is a number that you can call pertaining to apple orders

Arisian

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are you sure they took money out or simply 'authorised' the amount to be taken?

If they did take the money out, then yes you should get back onto apple and get it sorted.

It's VERY rare apple charge your CC until the item has actually 'shipped'.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

When an order is placed through Apple, they do an authorize which checks to make sure you have the funds available. This doesn't actually charge the card but it freezes the amount so that it will be there when the charge does go through. It takes about 5 days for this to cancel and your funds will be available again.

I had this happen when I ordered an iPhone online and cancelled the next day when I got one in store.

Same thing happens when you buy gas. It doesn't charge the card immediately but checks to see if the funds are there. The next day it may appear that the charge wasn't even charged, then two days later the charge is suddenly there. I see this happen all the time on my banks debit mastercard when I log in to the website.