Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Here’s something I learned today. If one has multiple Apple Card monthly installments and one wants to pay one off early or make early payments to one of them, the payment will apply to the oldest monthly installment, not necessarily the desired monthly installment.

Last edited:

Beligerent

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Concord, NH
I also learned the hard way that if you are carrying a balance and you want to make a payment on your financed item specifically you cannot do that as the payment will go to the balance first. The only way to do this is to always have a zero balance when financing something

trhoffmann

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
I also learned the hard way that if you are carrying a balance and you want to make a payment on your financed item specifically you cannot do that as the payment will go to the balance first. The only way to do this is to always have a zero balance when financing something
If you want to make a payment on a financed item, you must pay off the entire balance on your account. Then you can make an extra/early payment against your financed item(s) with the proviso that the extra/early payment gets applied to the oldest item.

Reactions: aloshka
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.