On or before the 10th....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FiremanMike, Feb 1, 2011.

1. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Verizon continually gives this canned result when asked when they plan on shipping. Has anyone out there found anything from verizon that actually commits to when they are going to actually SHIP the phone?

Why do I care? Because if they're going to ship these phones on Thursday and/or Friday, I plan on paying extra for overnight shipping and Saturday delivery.. If they're not shipping until the weekend/Monday, I'll just stick to the free shipping.

Honestly I don't know why verizon is being so dodgy with their answer, just freakin tell us when you're going to ship already..

2. ssbearsfan macrumors member

From what I understand is that they ship on the 10th. The pre-order just ensures that you receive one and allows them time to get the shipments ready.

3. Iusername20 macrumors regular

The only details we really know is on or before the 10th. So it wont ship on the 10th, it will ship earlier.

4. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

IMO, there's no need to worry about Verizon shipping them on the 10th. That would just piss off way too many people. My money is on the fact that we may be getting them one or two days BEFORE the 10th.

5. nanna24 macrumors newbie

I called verizon customer service yesterday to specifically find out when they were going to start shipping the iphone. The rep would not answer my question but only said that I would have it before the 10th. So, perhaps the reps just don't have the answer.

6. Jcloud8 macrumors member

ive gotten a few dates from different reps. It seems that we will get it before the 10th and sooner if u do the 1 day overnight. Last rep i spoke to said last he heard that the pre-orders will ship on the 7th but also said "dont quote me on that" so take it for what its worth...

7. nanna24 macrumors newbie

I'd really like to know when they will ship, too. I will be out of town Friday, the 11th. I'm considering having the phone shipped to my husband's office, as a safeguard, in case I'm not home to sign for it. But, its tempting to just have it shipped to my home if I will indeed have it before the 10th.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It may be because Apple tends to stagger their ship dates a little; I got my 4 on day Zero (1 day before launch), but I would have been pissed if Apple told me that I would get it a day early and then I received it on launch day. This way, Verizon can manage everyone's expectations, and then people will still be happy when they get theirs on the 9th or 10th (It's early!!! But not really...).

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I assume we will get them on the 10th or before. If it ships out on the 10th that is all the more they have to ship on that one day as ordering opens up to the public. Just what I think, no one has any hard facts to support any thing.

10. MACiVoy macrumors member

This is off the FAQ on the verizon website..

"If I pre-order iPhone 4, when will I receive it?

iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before February 10, 2011."

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

you went to an official source for information?? Sucker....

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Yea, this is a rumor forum. Why ruin a good rumor with the facts. :D

13. Zepaw, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Some random dude who doesn't even work for Vz probably wrote the FAQ anyway. :rolleyes:

They obviously already have the iPhones ready to go, no big sense to holding them back until the 10th for pre-orders.

14. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I don't see why this is confusing. On or Before the 10th means exactly that

15. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

There you have it. My money's on the 9th.

16. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

It's not confusing, but it's also not answering the question "when will it ship". I already explained why I would like to know if it's shipping this week or next.

For the record, answering a date when it will arrive by does not answer the question of when does it ship..

17. Jcloud8 macrumors member

they just added that. glad to have clarification because i was about to go camp out. i bet if we overnight it we could even get it on the 8th.