On Phone with apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kgregg97, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kgregg97 macrumors newbie

I just called Apple. They said the server crashed (nothing new) and that they hope to have it up later this evening or at the latest early tomorrow morning.

2. Dark K macrumors member

3. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

What a load of sh*t, it doesn't take all day to reboot a server!

4. neb macrumors member

5. 2late2be macrumors member

2late2be

One of those things that you can hate for a moment but still love it the next minute!

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

good thing theres alot of choices out there for computers, phones and all your other technological needs :)

7. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

You also have to remember that Apple's server isn't just one little computer. It's most likely a whole bunch all tied together.

Im sure, if they just "reboot" it, it will just crash again. They are most likely working on solving the crashing issue by maybe adding or updating the system.

8. Tim! macrumors newbie

Getting this error message now consistently instead of the couldnt access the iTunes store... hopefully improvement? =|

[​IMG]

edit-its not really showing up here so here is a link.

9. sgtboy macrumors 6502

10. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Well that sucks. I won't be home this evening or tomorrow morning. Or the next few days after that. If only Apple could handle this well.

11. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

I use to manage a hosting company and had several large companies using our hosting equipment, we used to daisy chain/cluster the servers. So if one server crashed the others would take the strain until the other server was rebooted. This way there would be no connectivity interruptions.
    If several servers crashed we would shut the whole cluster down for 24 hours or until the connections died down (extremely rare). Apple haven't done this as iTunes, apps store etc are still online and those are linked to the updates section.
    So my only guess is their not ready for the official release for some reason.

12. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I think as soon as I open up the App Store on my Touch and start playing Monkey Ball, I'll forget how annoyed am I and be happy again :D

13. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I would definitely agree on that.
    Regardless of what happened, they should have been ready. It's not like it's a huge surprise that the iPhone 3G is a popular thing.