iPad Pro On Sale Immediately iPad Pro ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Oct 29, 2018.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 68000

Any chance the new iPad Pro will go o sale right away ?
    They would have to be instores now. Someone posted how employees could not have off Octobwr 30th speculation about the new iPad Pros going on sale tomorrow.

2. faythebest macrumors member

faythebest

I highly doubt they release it on the same day. But let’s be positive and hope they go on sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

4. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

I hope this Friday but logic suggests the 9th.

But until tomorrow all guesses are equal.

5. kwilzz_ macrumors member

As much as I'd love to have a news IPP in my hands tomorrow or Friday, i would think they follow a preorder procedure, which may push them into next week

6. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I would say pre-orders this Friday with release a week later.

7. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

I will be pre ordering the iPad Pro..I assume that with education discount it still applies to pre orders? this will be my first time doing it

8. Never mind macrumors 6502

Never mind

I’m gonna wait for some of you Guinea pigs out there and test this thing out first, and read up on some of the YouTube reviews. Not the most obnoxious YouTuber’, but more like ZolloTech, or Johnathan Morrison. ;) Some of us don’t need but just want.

9. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

I hadn’t even thought of education discounts for iPads, I’m a student so I guess I could get some savings there. Hopefully they add that to the education store for the preorders. I know first hand with the MacBook Pro 2018 they added the education promo straight away, hopefully they’ll do the same here.

10. Bravia3d macrumors regular

I kinda hope they are released over the weekend, this gives people who work weekdays a chance to grab one.

11. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

I never thought to order through my company's employee Apple site. Anyone have experience with ordering that way, does it save very much?

12. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

If they did it for the MacBook which is obviously more expensive, they will do it for the ipad pro..I want to order this from the apple store since last year when I bought the other ipad pro from target, had to return it since it was defective so don't want to go through that again so figure will just get it through apple..10 percent off is still better than nothing

13. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

Yeah I think of it as it makes up for the tax and then a little discount.

14. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Education discount for iPads is only around $20 if I remember correctly.

15. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

Yeah you’re right, just checked. From 629 w/ education, from 649 w/o. Yeesh, pretty stingy, Apple.

16. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

20 bucks is that all? I guess I got confused since I checked the prices for the imac and see that its a 100 dollars different between apple education and for example, best buy

17. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

Yeah for my MacBook Pro it was much more significant.

18. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

So for the ipad pro it would be a 20 dollar savings? I guess the only reason why I want to buy from apple is because of the experience I had last yr at Target..bought a defective ipad pro, brought it into the apple store, they said it could not be fixed and that since I did not purchase it from apple directly, I would only get a refurb one..so I just ended up returning it to Target since I was still under the 60 day return/exchange..so don't want to go through that hassle again otherwise I would probably buy one at best buy

19. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

At least for the current models that’s the deal. Could change for the new ones, although I have little faith.

20. LibbyLA macrumors 6502

I think the educational discount was something like $20. It wasn’t much. I got a better deal on my 9.7 pro from Costco a few weeks after release.

21. KatanaAzul macrumors member

Savings are pretty limited, you get a tiny percentage off with the amount depending on the product. But the discount usually doesn’t apply to recently released items... just recently for my my XS Max and AW S4 neither were discounted, but I could get $20 off AppleCare for the phone (I didn't look into it for the watchJ.

22. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

I'm a Costco member but they only ever sell the really high capacity versions (typical Costco taking wholesale to the next level) inflating prices, so I never get my devices from there.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 29, 2018 ---
    iPads and Macs are different. I don't think they've ever applied student discounts to iPhones (at least not recently)? iPads and Macs are always the main education store items.

23. kazmac, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018

kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

As others have said, educational discount is barely that. Or if you can wait a little while for sales, do that. Folks are awesome here in mentioning sales in this iPad forum.

Good luck at school.

24. FairlyKors macrumors regular

FairlyKors

Keep in mind that even with Apple’s refurbished products you only save “up to 15%.” Apple is not a fan of discounting its products. The only places I’ve ever seen a (relatively quiet) discount are at large online sellers like B&H, who, for instance, helped Apple move a ton of “late 2016” MacBook Pros with discounts of $400 to $750.

If Apple didn’t make truly top notch products they couldn’t charge what they do. But that is a double edged sword— as the 2016 MacBook Pro debut makes clear. On Apple’s site, new and refurbished, they never discounted the 2016 MBP like B&H did. And this is how some brands try to save face.

Canon is a great example of a brand highly in control of its image and pricing. Even on eBay it is often hard to find a discount on new Canon cameras and lenses. But recently, Canon hasn’t had any competitive camera models, and they’ve been losing customers rapidly to mirrorless camera manufactures, so very “behind the scenes” the prices on a couple “gray market” camera models has plummeted. The $3,500 5D mkIV can be found selling brand new (gray mkt) for $2,125. And its $2,000 6D mkII for $1,150.

Very “un-Canon,” but like I said, you can only maintain uber-premium monolithic pricing when you have the product to back it up.

I anticipate the new iPad Pros will fall into this elite category and remain nearly impossible to find at much of a discount.

25. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

or employees couldn't ask off for tomorrow simply so they could be at the stores to answer questions.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 29, 2018 ---
    releasing tomorrow in the sense of in stores might be unlikely but shipping tomorrow and arriving in stores on say Friday is possible.