ON SALE - Notes Plus - $1.99 (regularly $5.99)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by brettatk, May 9, 2011.

1. brettatk macrumors regular

Just giving a heads up that Notes Plus is on sale again for $1.99. No idea how much longer it will be this price. I've heard good things about the app and figured for this price I'd give it a go.

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I would grab it now, it's a great note taking app as-is but the dev just announced that they'll be doing a major update with tons of new features in July, and the price might go as high as $10 after that. (The update will be free to existing users.)

3. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Agree. I've pissed away a lot of $$ on note taking apps and have settled on Notes Plus.

4. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Is this an app in the app store? I can't find it.

AM

5. brettatk thread starter macrumors regular

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

7. tmash macrumors newbie

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Really, I also bought it, but I haven't still found the one that I really like.

I liked Noterized for a while, but it seems the developer abandoned it. it has some bugs, mainly problems in functionality that were never addressed.

9. philajoe macrumors newbie

Notes Plus

The App Store price is $4.99 not $1.99. That's still a great price.;)

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

11. brettatk, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

brettatk thread starter macrumors regular

It's still a $1 cheaper than what it use to be. Glad I was able to get it on sale this time.

Now that I have it, can anyone recommend a stylus? I've heard good and bad things about Boxwave but not to much about anything else.

Just ordered the Targus and Boxwave from Amazon. Those two seemed to be popular choices so I'm sure atleast one if not both will work for me.

12. rdstoll macrumors 6502

The only one I've tried and it is working for me is the Just Mobile AluPen Stylus. It is like a thick pencil...good weight to it and the tip writes nicely on the screen. If you read reviews of it some don't like the thickness and weight of it which is why I want to try another stylus just to compare and contrast but this is the stylus I use with Notes Plus and I'm able to replicate my handwriting quite well when compared with how I would write on pencil and paper.

Interestingly, I tend to use this stylus for general browsing and navigating apps, not just writing in a note taking app. Hearkens me back to my days of owning a Palm Treo. I thought stylus use was dead but at least for me, I've found it makes navigating the iPad a bit more enjoyable.

13. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Targus and boxwave are exactly the same, except boxwave can plug into the headphone jack. I use targus with notes plus and love it. The dev recommends this style of stylus for this app over the felt tip type like Pogo.

14. brettatk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting them. The Targus one should be delivered tomorrow. If the Boxwave is the same it should be a nice back up.