On-screen / Graphic 'Keyboard'?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mpw, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. mpw Guest

    Jun 18, 2004
    Does OSX have an on-screen keyboard like the one in MS Windows?

    In MS Windows you can enter 'osk' in the 'Run' box from the Start menu and up pops a graphical on-screen keyboard for text entry which is useful for among other things touch screen kiosks etc.
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus


    Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Yes, but getting to it is a little tricky. FWIW in XP, isn't it also in the accessories or sys utils folder in the start menu? You don't actually have to use run to get to it. In OS X, go to system preferences, select the international pane, then the last tab (input menu). Click "Show input menu..." at the bottom, and then scroll down to the bottom of the list and check Keyboard Viewer. You'll get a flag (probably) widget on your menu bar, and when you click on it, there will be an option to open the keyboard viewer.
  3. mpw thread starter Guest

    Jun 18, 2004
    thank you

Share This Page